First Tournament Results!

WEiRD sKeTCH

1st ever Malifaux "nationals" event!

I want to preface this post with a huge thank you to TTGamers (http://www.ttgamers.com/) for giving us space in their mini's room to allow us to cram all of the new slavering Malifaux fans in there and invade their tables all weekend long!

Kain, the next drink's on me!

Secondly, I'd like to thank the the people whose efforts made the first event go so smoothly! Regardless of the pizza cheese fire drill.

Thanks to Eric & Nathan for the world we all get to play around in.

Thanks to Ambrose & Dan for hammering the rules into shape.

And thanks to Ambrose, Steve, Dan Sulin & Jeremy for helping me answer any questions that popped up. You guys rock!

On to the meat of the matter.

We are still working out the kinks of the Malifaux tournament organization, but I think we did OK for our first venture.

What we did was select a strategy that both crews were attempting to simultaneously achieve. Then we allowed the player to select one scheme that they could choose to reveal to their opponent or not for more possible Victory Points.

The top three players were:

1st place: Kevin Tyska fielding Zoraida the Hag and her crew of nasties.

2nd place: Derick Rodriguez using the Viktoria twins and their band of beatdown.

3rd place: There was a tie! We had Anthony Pazera cutting through his opposition with the Mother of Monsters, Lilith and Richard Standeter with Lady Justice and the grim Death Marshals.

We also held a painting contest for the best painted Crew on the tables. After the second round we gave everyone a break and perused the entries. And after some deliberation we chose Victor Szafranski's Ramos crew.

Lastly, I'd like to thank all of you who participated in the demos and the event. Without your enthusiasm or curiosity, we wouldn't have had such a successful convention!

I hope to see you all again at the next event and maybe I'll be staring at your crew accross the table myself!

-WEiRD sKeTCH

Edited by WEiRD sKeTCH

congrats to winners.

can you post the pictures for the best painted crew or if you have pictures of all the entries . it would be nice to see what people did with their crews. I've seen some on some other sites but pics were blurry so it would be nice to see some sharp ones for a change

It was a great tournament!!! Everybody was very excited to play the game. It was great to see a number of players competing, who had just received a demo earlier in the booth.

Of great note... Ambrose beat Jeremy in the long anticipated grudge match between the Guild and the Arcanists... I think the aftermath will be posted as Jeremy's new avatar...

Ambrose, Isoulle, and I worked on getting the bones of the tournament sketched out, and Eric and Drew took over and ran a kick-ass tournament for everyone. It was awesome seeing such a varied field in the tournament, with everything from Gremlins to Guild.

Expect the Henchmen to run more local events in the coming months, and there will probably be some official action at Origins next year, as well as a ton of official Malifaux events at Gen Con that should be available for pre-registration. :D

I had a blast playing in this; I can't believe how friendly everyone involved was and how smooth it ran considering all of us non-playtesters only had the rules for 2 days and we had the lurvely fire drill 15 minutes before the event started.

Congrats to the winners and big thank you to everyone I played for good times (especially winter_of_discontent). I can't wait to do it again next year!

And sorry again for being late to the second round, Weird_Sketch!