Stat Cards - only available with models?

Kealios

I see that Wyrd is offering small stat card packs for models that may have been purchased before the game came into existence, but what about models being released now and in the future?

I think this is a really good business tactics for forcing players to purchase official game models, but I also have to think that I cant really afford yet another game with "official" models at this time. I have a massive lot of models that I have been collecting that will work wonderfully with this game (some of them Wyrd models, actually), but I'd like to somehow get their stat cards without buying the models.

Or maybe I just need to photocopy the model entries from the rulebook and just use those?

It was not an can I buy individual models it was can I just buy stat cards in a pack. much like what privateer press does with the warmachine/hordes faction decks. I would hope that Wyrd does this for those of us that already have severalof thier minis, from past purchases, with out the stat cards already.

Yeah basically the online store will sell you the stat cards either individually or as a faction, so like all the models in the guild etc. Thus people (like myself) who've bought models in the past before it became a full game don't need to buy the models again to get the cards.

As to whether they'll ever do something like PP and produce a pack of cards for a faction I don't know.

The last Nathan said about it, the current faction packs are only for the currently/previously released models to help out folks who already had the models. Singles will be available online, but there will not be a comprehensive stat deck, and the current packs only contain the models released prior to Gen Con, as everything for sale at Gen Con (in person and online) has the cards in the blisters.

If you need/want specific cards, you should be able to buy them as singles online.

Just like using a regular deck of cards instead of a fate deck, using non-Wyrd models is fine. No one's going to come to your house and take back your rule book. However, just like the fate decks and the Wyrd models are gorgeous, and once you can swing the money, we all recommend them.