Wyrd Calendar uses

I know we have a calendar there in the sidebar that shows birthdays, but can it be used for more than that? How about putting IP deadlines and other contest beginning and end times on it? Maybe also various mini-related conventions?

I was just looking at it the other day and thinking that thing could be way more useful than for just birthdays.

Just an idea.

:thinking:

I am not stating this as anyting official but I may have a kind of an answer that may help..

currently as everybody knows the game development is in full swing gaining momentum and taking the precedence that it should . That means that everybody who is involved is up to theire necks in it curretly so things like comp deadlines , etc are not set in stone as a lot depends when people are fee to set them up..

Also we have recently been talking a lot about reshuffling the schedule and changing some of the comps and how everythig fits together over the year.all good stuff ... to this end there is no way anything could be put in the calendar as of yet as to be honest no-one actually fully knows yet.

throw in work that will eventually be done on the site and I am sure that then everything will be spanky shiny and the calendar will be used in the maner you mention..

as for a hard copy Wyrd Calendar.... Hell yeah I'd love one ... the artwork is just too cool not to andwho knows it ma be in the head of FF in the future....I'd certainly buy one.

Well, as to comp deadlines, I wasn't thinking to plug them all in right now, but since it's a online calendar, things can be put in as the year goes along. For example, when the Rotten Harvest is started, then put on the calendar that day "Rotten Harvest Begins" along with the a note on the day pictures are due for it.

Maybe even make it an "open" system, like Wikipedia, where Wyrd members can add events to it. So even I could add something like "XXX-convention held on Sept 10th at Somewhere, NW" I think we have enough responsible people of self-police it against any who would abuse it (it would be kinda of absurd to anyway). People could even add personal notes if they wanted to share with everybody, for example, if one of us was getting married, they could put in the wedding date.

Just an idea, after all, it's up to FF to really make any changes in that area.

You used to be able to do it (I added events like GDs in it a while back), and I bugged Nathan like hell for him to set up other calendars for work on Wyrd projects :P.

But it's also an open door for spam. A solution to that is to give rights to some people (say the news monkeys) to be able to write in it and give the rest viewing rights.

Just my two cents ;).