TBK's Malifaux GenCon Blog

TheBugKing

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

@ 'Dita. No secret really. Just stuff discussed at Gencon.

@ AoM. Yeah, it works great. And it's exceptionally solid. I'm doing some more bases that are similar at the moment (No floating) but I am definitely going to do some more floating stuff.

Thought:

Have Steamy walking on pipes and have punctured them with his dainty "feet". The resulting water spouts would support the model over the muck.

LOL. No no. Have the resulting water supporting the pipes and model. Not on blasts of water but as an extension off the "canvas".

But with the 50mm base I will have a lot more room to do some neat stuff. Going for the rather wrecked pumping station look. (That will be much clearer with the next model done. About 75% now)

yeah, I knew what you meant. I just meant that a stream like that will be representing some highly pressurized water in the pipes that Mr. Pointy Feet has messed up.

You know me. I can't resist an opportunity to get in some digs. You lead a criminal organization, and I know these bases are just the eye candy to distract the masses from your true agenda. Hollow Marsh is as much of a propaganda tool as it is a means for greater safety for the workers. We're watching you.

Sigh, why is the Guild so paranoid? We are NOT a criminal organization. We are a workers union trying to increase the chance that a common worker will make it home at the end of the day.

Our dues are used to create things like the Hollow Marsh pumping station. Not some shadowy fictitious criminal organization that the Guild insists exists. Besides, the Guild should know that "Bad Things Happen" when they start making ungrounded accusations.

I was thinking more along the lines of having Mr Pointy Feet put his feet all the way through the pipes but have several. That way I can have them step down to accommodate the models sculpt and show water draining out of the hole up pipe but not down pipe. :D

Next up:

JOSS!

So, I am not at all fond of Joss' really static pose. I decided that a relatively simple repose of his legs would solve the issue. That and I wanted him jumping off a pipe.

So, the conversion for Joss is done. His base is started but not along enough to warrant any pictures.

Here is Joss though. (As usual sucky pics! NEED to get that issue solved here some time soon)

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01313.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

DSC01311.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

C&C and all that and Yadda Yadda Yadda.