Darksword Miniatures Upcoming for 2008

Visions in Fantasy, Stephanie Pui-Mun Law, as sculpted by a personal fave of mine Gael Goumon:

steph_ls2_g.jpgsteph_f_g.jpg

More images available Here: http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/gallery/V_Steph.htm

There is just tons more over at their site, but here are some highlights:

elmore_dg_set5_jw_front_p.jpg

I suspect this one has been covered but its still a beauty:

grrm_lliw_x4_g.jpg

Something for you Elf lovers:v_7011_Eagle_farleft_p.jpg

And a new Tom Meier Sculpt for their 6th Anniversary:

Marike2_rs_g.jpg

They are also advertising the Jen Haley Miniature Mentor DVD. The vids are great and worth taking a look.

The girl on the bottom is a sculpt based on a real person, painter Marike Reimer. Given Tom Meier's almost-frightening precision, I would have to guess that if it is long in the torso it's probably because its model is long in the torso. There is also a 54mm version available. Pics of the green and Marike's painted version of herself are on this page. She painted some great transparency effects on that piece. (Don't break a finger clicking over there guys, it's tasteful not salacious transparency. ;->)

HAH!

Yes exactly!

I thougt this was a model out of the fairy tale about the goose girls or something.

Phoenix? Nope. Total fail there.

I did say ..say that's a phoenix as in a suggestion..... it's got a longer fecking set of tail feathers than ay goose I ever saw.. :laugh:

I think this topic got done to death on CMON and the universal opinion was people didn't like it....

I personally do and no matter what others think I think it makes for a nice phoenix.. not OTT fire and flames version but more in subdued mode..

Edited by demonherald

It's a Japanese Crane!

That makes sense. I think the fairy tale about the Goose Girl came originally from Japan too. Much of the iconography in the drawing seems to draw from the art I have seen from the story as well. I believe there is even an anime based on the story.

The basic premise of the story is that a family of girls gets cursed by a magician and becomes geese during the day. Only under moonlight can they change back to girls. The typical prince rescue results. He is helped by a fox, some cats and I think a raven in the rescue, but ultimately the youngest goose girl uses her magic to finish the magician.

So as I said, phoenix is definitely no. However the figure looks very much like a Japanese crane which fits the Japanese version of the tale.