Help-Out Rasputina!

Thryth

I think it looks fantastic!

Although I do have 2 criticisms.

I do not like her position on the base. It gives a distinct sense of being off balance, but I see why you did it.

Second, I think the white/gray hair blends too much with the rest of the model.

What about perhaps giving her black hair?

Otherwise, the blending is beautiful!

I feel like the bottom of her skirt & boots should have a little more of a bright teal look to it, though I know the theme wasn't OSL. You also shouldn't be afraid to make the back of the model substantially darker, as well as the interior of her skirts. All that of course only applies if you want the fire to give off light. :-)

I think maybe doing something with the stockings to separate them more from the boots would help. Maybe some stripes or fishnet look for them. I think that would really help define the two and give a little interest instead of the non stop black from foot to hip.

@moavoamoatu Thanks for the suggestions.

@waghorn41 Excellent suggestion, I definitely see what you are saying.

@Brushmistress Please, don't let the IP theme make any difference to your suggestions, I would just like to have the best painted miniature that I can. :) I don't understand about the teal, why teal? I was burnt in a couple of other attempts at OSL when I made the back of the miniature very dark, so now I'm a bit gun-shy, but I definitely see what you are saying there.

@All Thanks for the suggestions, I think that they are all good. Thank you for taking the time!

Maybe a monitor thing. No teal in the model, and I don't see that on my monitor (the blue _is_ a bit lighter in the flame, but still pure blue as far as I can tell). Please don't apologize, though, I very happy to have the input. :D

If I could impose further... How would you deal with the skirt? I don't see how to shade the forward-facing part, as there is a fire right in front of it.

I wanted to keep a monochromatic color scheme (I don't really know why, just seemed appropriate somehow), but there were a couple of suggestions to change the color of the fire. What do you think?

Thanks!