Squigs new deamons

Hwllo AWA, I my name is Sculpta the squig, and I am an army whore. Yes, I got the spearhead box, my friend who works in the LGS gave me a 25% discount and I couldn't resist. I intend to significantly convert them, as the poses you can get straight out of the box can be rather dull. first impressions of the kits are good, clean casting and sharp details. Could use some more accessories on the sprues though.

Enough chatter, here is a shitty picture of the first bloodletter I've converted. There are some really dynamic conversions in the pipeline.

BLWIP.jpg

Any C&C appreciated.

Squig

Nice, I'm stockpiling old/new daemons to build armies for 40k/fantasy with the new army books (miss my 3rd edition armies so much...) so any and all ideas are going straight into the brain for future stealing.

REally like the upright pose and the skull in hand. I'll have to dig out my box of bits and see what I have available.

I used to have shedloads of the metal ones, gave them away when I ditched all my GW stuff, then had to buy another shedload when I saw they were being replaced - bought all of the local GW's stock of them in fact.

They were my proxy Dark Eldar Wych army... lovely models....

I'm not too sold on the new ones but kind of suspect that they might just be a decent paintjob away from looking fairly cool - that is your challenge, Sculpta Sir! Look forward to seeing it!

Phew - that is a vast improvement upon the original model! Love them super-dynamic poses (they were always my trademark back when I was into GW - not that I ever completely finished any of 'em...).

I'd be tempted to sculpt a few strands of hair/slim tentacles streaming wildly behind her too....

Can't wait to see her painted! :)

[You've got me interested - could you give us a bit of a rundown/review on the box, if you don't mind?]

Thanks, might do some with tentacle hair but this one won't. The box is quite nice actually, but could really use some more accessories (same as with the bloodletters). The legs and torso are two parts, i.e you have one torso + one leg bit an one leg bit to attach. the shoulders are attached to the torso, which rather limits arm posing. And some of the heads are oretty naff. but it's not a bad kit overall.

Squig