Fear--My Rotten Harvest Entry

Jabberwocky

Thanks to Nathan and the Wyrd Crew for another great contest! Many thanks to everyone who voted for me (even a couple of votes for Best of Show!!). The idea for the piece was that this poor wizard was down to his last chance. The beast has broken his staff and left him with a nasty cut across the face as he was knocked down. The beast approaches and begins to drool in anticipation for this tasty meal. The wizard is looking up thinking "OH %$&!". Will he get the potion down before it's too late? I also wanted to especially thank Darin for his creative insight into the Hellbeast--he had some great ideas on the beast.

WyrdDioramaRH2007WIP3.jpg

Reminds me of our dog when we bring out the treats. We make certain to take her outside now because literally the waterworks comes on and it looks a bit like that.

Hrmmm, maybe I should try one cause there has to be something to them to cause that!

Anyhoo, back to the painting, great piece and atmosphere and although I like the drool, I like the blending and the colors on this one. Just really 'works'.