Varghar!

Maestro

Hello,

Been a while since I lifted a paintbrush, due to a lot of time spent playing with my new motorcycle and general lazyness.. But someone dragged me out of the painting-dip and made me sit down and taste paint again!

Here's the product of all that; Rackhams Varghar:

Varghar1.jpg

Varghar2.jpg

Varghar3.jpg

Hope you like it!

It's a lovely model to paint and I decided to give it a very moody colourscheme, and use zenithal lighting to make that darkness even more visible. The mini was painted with mostely P3 paints, so it was also a test for those..

Awesome John! Good to see you back painting. I really like what you have done with Varghar...really dark and brooding and I love that. I especially love the gold filligree on the axe...looks really superbling!

Only slight downside is that the way you cut him out in Photoshop is a bit harsh...especially around the base and the axe.

Very nice work, John! I second and third everything else said here. My only tiny tiny problem with it is that there doesn't seem to be any "focal point". My eyes aren't drawn to any particular point on it and it took me a moment when I first looked at it to, hmmm, "organize" it in my mind (hard to describe).

But he looks great. I love Wolfen and great paintjobs make them even better!

:D