Coolest Battle Report ever

Malebolgia

Hey guys,

I just had to share this battle report that was written by a good friend of mine. Unfortunately I didn't attend the gaming session, but in hindsight I would have LOVED to!!! I just love what he is doing for Combat Zone.

Written and edited by Arjen "Pil" Pilon. Battle played by Rene "Raz" Raap and Chris "Braxandur" Smit

Voices of the persons:

J: Jennifer Turner

C: Freddie (the cameraman)

M: "Mask"

Y: Jackson, leader of the "yellow suits"

ZM-01.jpg

J: "...is my hair ok?"

C: "beautiful"

J: "Ok, shoot me. Good evening, this is Jessica Turner, and you are watching WPLA Live. I'm outside the Metal Church where legendary rock group Legion Of The Dead is playing a sold out venue tonight. it may not look sold out from out here, but tickets were strictly limited and all the eager fans are already inside. You can hear them screaming in excitement right here! Stay tuned as we will air the entire show LIVE, so that all of you who don't have a ticket won't have to leave the door."

C: "There's some people coming over there, maybe you can interview them"

J: "Good idea. Hmm, that big guy with the mask looks yummie"

ZM-02.jpg

J: "Excuse me sir, what is your name?"

M: "Doll, you can call me Mask."

J: "Mask, as in, the mask you are wearing?"

M: "Just Mask"

J: "Ok Mask, what brings you out here tonight?"

M: "Well doll, me and my boys are going to have a party tonight, hell, the boys deserve it."

J: "Can you describe to me what's so special about Legion Of The Dead?"

M: "Well doll, their music is just, y'know, powerful. It's very masculine music."

J: "Masculine?"

M: "Yeah, and their support act Terrorplague rocks too."

J: "And was it hard for you to obtain tickets?"

M: "Well, we had to pull some nai.., strings, but we managed to get enough for me and the boys."

J: "Well, thank you very much and have a good time tonight!"

M: "Will do."

Mask's Boys: "METAL MANIACS!"

J: "well, there you have it, Legion Of The Dead and Terrorplague are bringing their 'masculine' music live on stage, and you can see it all on WPLA Live tonight!"

ZM-03.jpg

C: "Hey look, it's the cops"

J: "Finally some action, I'm sick of doing reports of this god-damn noise. Well people, have we got an update for you! Two large police vans have just pulled up to the driveway, just as Mask and his friends were at the door. They appear to be unhappy about these new arrivals. But what is this? Mask and his friends opened the door of the venue, only to close it again immediately"

Mask's Boys: "RUN!"

J: "Now they're shouting and coming straight back, toward the police"

ZM-04.jpg

J: "The door of the venue opens from the inside, and out pours what appears to be an angry mob. Possibly the arrival of the police aggravated them, either way it looks like a riot is afoot! Five cops with sticks and shields jump from one of the vans. It's quickly turning into a madhouse here! People are screaming and bleeding, Mask and his friends are shouting, and they appear to be forming a single, well, what appears to be a battleline with the riot police."

ZM-05.jpg

C: "Did you hear that?"

J: "What?"

C: "He said 'zombies'"

J: "Zombies? It appears that the angry mob, is, in fact a group of flesh eating zombies! That's right, Zombies. We are seriously putting our lives at risk being here, but that's what being a good reporter is about. The police and Mask's men, the Metal Maniacs have formed what looks like a solid battleline and appear to even be negotiating! Apparently they know what they're dealing with. We'll retreat behind them to get out of their line of fire. This is Jennifer Turner for WPLA Live.

ZM-06.jpg

J: "We are back in safety again, behind the makeshift battleline of street gangers and riot police, and we have confirmation that this is, indeed a Zombie outbreak. I am being told that the opening act, Terrorplague, brought a live caged zombie to the concert. I repeat, the opening act Terrorplague brought a LIVE zombie to the concert! Just now I saw a cop shooting one of those creeps in the head, it dropped down like a sack of salt. A word of warning for the people at home: stay home! Do not go to the Metal Church! There will be no 'Legion Of The Dead' at the Metal Church!" After numerous futile shots one of the police vans now appears to head straight for the zombie horde!"

ZM-07.jpg

J: "And it rushes straight through! Unfortunately this tactic appears not to pay off, only two of them are mangled by the wheels, and even they are still moving! The zombies are getting dangerously close, I saw one of them break through the van's window and it seemed to... eat... whatever it pulled out!"

ZM-08.jpg

J: "The zombies are now beginning to attack the gang members. One of them had only a knife to defend himself, and he was bitten, he looks pale now but otherwise okay. His friends seem rather horrified though, the little fat man even tried to shoot him in the head, luckily he missed! Two other gang members appear not to be able to deal with the pressure and are running off. A trail of zombies following them."

ZM-09.jpg

J: "Mask has a hard time keeping his friends together, and also opens fire on the poor ganger that had been bitten. He falls down, but is still moving, hopefully paramedics will arrive that can heal him. Another ganger is also being attacked, but he crushes the zombie head in a single blow, he walks away and starts opening fire, but scores no kill. I hear sirens in the distance, which hopefully means that paramedics are on the way."

ZM-10.jpg

J: "They're not paramedics, but a large yellow car has pulled up behind the police van and some strange men in yellow suits jumped out and started shooting the zombies. They are shooting lots of bullets but none of the zombies go down. One of them appears to have some sort of big sparky gun, doesn't do them much good though. The zombies start attacking the police officers and I can already see three of them falling beneath their blood-stained hands, one more of the gangers is also bitten. It appears that those bitten are becoming zombies as well. I heard of this before, but then again, who believes those stories anyway?"

ZM-11.jpg

J: "Mask seems particularly adept at disposing of zombies in a fight, he kills one and then shoots the bloody but still moving remains of his former friend. The little fat man kills another piece of zombie-leftover. The two remaining police officers are now turning on their fallen comrades, one of them is killed after a prolonged struggle, and the other kills a zombie and tries to escape. To no avail, as the zombies quickly gang up on them and eat them both, as well as the little fat man!"

ZM-12.jpg

J: "Fortunately behind me the men in yellow suits are still here to protect us. In an amazing feat of marksmanship they kill off seven zombies by shooting them in the head, and the little fat zombie gets one of his legs shot off!"

ZM-13.jpg

J: "Mask tries to leave but he says he'll be back, maybe he's getting more friends to fight? Some zombies are following his trail, let's hope he'll not lead them to a more densely populated area. The remaining police van also reverses out of the fray, is everyone leaving?!"

ZM-14.jpg

J: "The yellow suits are unstoppable! Some zombies try to attack them but I have full confidence that... wait, one of them is bleeding! The zombie is literally ripping through the yellow suit! And another one too! Two of the yellow suits are now torn, the zombies jerking at the flesh beneath, and you can see it all new, all live on WPLA Live!"

ZM-15.jpg

J: "The poor victim's colleagues do not hesitate and they dispose of a zombie efficiently in a fight only to shoot his colleaugue in the head without mercy, followed by a burst of shots that break another zombie's kneecaps. Their apparent leader shoots two zombies in the head in a row, rapidly cleaning up the street, he also fires at the remains of the little fat zombie but misses him. The man with the sparky gun struggles himself free of the claws of a zombie and fries him in a bright flash of light, smoke and the smell of burning flesh fill the street."

ZM-16.jpg

J: "Mask runs towards a zombie, his knuckles held high to punch it's head in, he's my hero! But... he stumbles, the zombie bends over and grabs hold of him, we'd better get back a bit more now. Mask panics, but manages to struggle himself free and runs away, down the road."

ZM-17.jpg

J: "From another direction a trike roars in, manned by the two gangers that fled, it has a big machine gun on top, so obviously that was what they were up to! Despite all the deaths things are looking up. This does not go unnoticed and Mask quickly recovers his senses! In the meantime the three remaining yellow suits finish off three zombies, including the little fat zombie. The police van then runs over the zombie Mask was fighting earlier and mashes it's lower body to pulp, leaving it's torso crawling around.

ZM-18.jpg

J: "The yellow men kill off all the last two zombies in their immediate surroundings, and Mask dispatches of two others that are attacking him with renewed confidence. A little late the trike zooms in to gun down the last zombie, and all appears safe again"

ZM-19.jpg

J: "Hello sir, my name is Jessica Turner, what's yours?"

Y: "Name's Jackson ma'am"

J: "You certainly saved the day here, who are you?"

Y: "We're the Zombusters ma'am, if you have an undead problem, don't hesitate to call us! Dial 0-ZOMBUSTER, or 0966-287837."

J: "Well, thank you very much, but if I may ask, how did you get here?"

Y: "We saw your report on the telly ma'am, good thing you were there, or it could've gotten out of hand"

J: "Well, I for one am very happy with your arrival, it fills me with confidence!"

Y: "Ain't no reason to celebrate ma'am, we lost two fine men today. We shoulda kept more distance, but we couldn't cause there were people in between. Also, our ECG man needs more practice, he failed too often."

J: "I'm sorry for your loss, what will you do next?"

Y: "Arranging a funeral ma'am."

J: "I see, good night."

ZM-20.jpg

J: "Hello there Mask"

M: "Hey doll"

J: "So, how about those zombies huh?"

M: "Creeps. They're dangerous beings doll, better keep your pretty face away from 'em in the future."

J: "What will you do next?"

M: "Well, I lost half of my mates, but the others are still there, I guess we'll go back to the bar and have a drink or two, we could use some relaxation after all this. Wanna come?"

J: "well..."

M: "What time you off?"

...Pil rules...! All of the pictures were taken and edited by himself. The paintjobs are from Pil and from Braxandur

• 1 year later...

Hey Malebolgia,

Another old thread I've dragged kicking & screaming into the light. It might be new to someone else who hasn't been browsing through the archives.

The battle report was an incredible read, a very unique, entertaining, & imaginative way of presenting what otherwise might not be appealing to a non gamer, or someone like moi, who has not been active in awhile. The combat zone guys have me aching to get back into it, as do the alpha forge folk, even if it's only as a solo gamer.

So thanks for the push [i think].