Reaper 3158 : Female Necromancer w/ Tome

Jubilee

Hi all,

Here's the finished version of my Necromancer. The bookstand was way overpowering all green, so it's been changed so only the faces are green and glowy. I had a rough time with pictures. I hate my camera.

necromancer1.jpg

necromancer4.jpg

necromancer6.jpg

necromancer8.jpg

Thanks for looking. If you're curious, there are more angles on my webpage - just follow the bannerlink below.

/ali

Very nice. Great job on the skin.

This piece progressed very nicely from the WIP.

My only critique would be (although, given my lowly painting skillz, you should probably ignore me ;) ) that the blood isn't dark enough. I would think that it should be closer to black.

Again, very nice!

I wanted the blood to look really fresh, so I left it bright. I probably could have at least darkened the edges a bit..

with regards to the cloak - I mixed RMS Dark Elf Skin with RMS Pearl White, then added RMS Dark Elf Highlight & more Pearl White to highlight it, and eventually just added more Pearl White until it was pure Pearl White for final highlights. I also did a bit of shading in the deeper crevices with very thinned RMS red liner.

Fantastic! Definately a miniature that has something to look at, no matter what the angle.

But some angles give a better view than others! :P:

Yeah, Ali, this is really good stuff (even though it doesn't scream necromancy... ;)). The only thing I'm not really keen on is the base which looks a bit rubbery.

Very nice! The contrast between the skin and the dress is excellent, and the cloak is beautiful. I think you made a good call dialing back the amount of eldritch green on the bookstand. I can see what Ritual means about the base, though only once I really started looking at it. The hair highlights are a somewhat weak point in my eye, but only in a very minor way. Great stuff!