DarkSword Summoner

Skya

Just a suggestion I think the candlestick itself should get some of that light?

Agreed, I think the glow I did at the top of the candlestick was a tad too subtle given how much overall light the candle is casting. I may go back and tweak it when I'm in the mood.

Very nice, Skya! I've always liked this mini since I first saw the green, but have put off getting it because of the size. I only have one Dark Sword mini at the moment (Parkinson Desert Wings) and she's so tiny yet with so much intricate detail, she makes my eyes want to turn inside out.

I also like the darker skin, she looks more like a native.

:thumb:

I love the warm glow of the reflected light, it's very striking, and convincing. I also think it's cool you did the bits on the base as rune tiles instead of cards, I don't think I've seen that before. The head on the candle is my least favourite part, though it's my least favourite part of the sculpt, also.

Very nice, Skya! I've always liked this mini since I first saw the green, but have put off getting it because of the size. I only have one Dark Sword mini at the moment (Parkinson Desert Wings) and she's so tiny yet with so much intricate detail, she makes my eyes want to turn inside out.

I also like the darker skin, she looks more like a native.

:thumb:

I was hoping it wouldnt look incrongrous to have this dark skinned lady using Norse runes. ;) It was fun researching them though.

I love the warm glow of the reflected light, it's very striking, and convincing. I also think it's cool you did the bits on the base as rune tiles instead of cards, I don't think I've seen that before. The head on the candle is my least favourite part, though it's my least favourite part of the sculpt, also.

I was going for having the candle face have that blue tinged feel of being part of the very base of a flame. I think that aspect worked reasonably, but the flame itself has a bit of a wierd sculpt to it and looks better from the other side. Maybe I'll see if I can get a better close up shot of just the flame and the face for you.