Heros

EricJ

I actually think the younger brother is a big danger, with his ability he picks up other peoples powers without the practice controlling it. And as more dangerous powers are showing up, that could lead to big trouble. So even if he is well meaning, I can see him becoming that tragic hero where through his actions trying to help he causes only harm.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I don't think he's the cause of the explosion, otherwise why would Hiro go back from the future and tell him to go to New York? And he clearly survives, since he somehow gets a scar.

OOOOH OOOOH OOOOH!

I just figured out glasses-guy's super power!

He's immune to jet lag!'

He shows up in India, New York, Vegas, all within days yet no one notices him being at all jetlagged!

Another thing is, so far the show is fairly well planned, and little details aren't missed. So I would imagine what Hiro told him on the train is exactly what he needed to hear, and there are reasons why he didn't just tell him everything...at least that's what I'd assume.

Glasses guys super power = double frequent flier miles!

My Prediction

I just had a thought about how the season will end. Read on if you are curious as to my prediction.

I think "save the chearleader save the world" doesn't mean she will save the world.

Peter mimics other people's powers, right? But when does he lose them? I think he'll find out he holds on to the power for a short period. It would suck to be able to fly if you could only do it while your brother is right next to you. So he probably gets next to someone then gets their power for an hour or so.

Save the Chearleader

Peter will have a hard choice at some time. One of the options is to save some chearleader (perhaps stop a runaway train is the other so it's a hard choice).

He chooses to save the chearleader, and by doing so, gets close enough to take on her power.

Save the World

Peter has a massive battle with Sylar almost immediately after. We already know Sylar is immune to bullets and can fly, so Peter needs the chearleader power in order to survive the battle with Sylar.

(oh, and he gets crazy woman's super strength without the psychotic tendencies just as he got Isaac's precognition without the drug abuse)

Whoa.

Stop right there.

If you haven't seen the most recent episode of Heroes (aired 11/13/06), then go watch it and certainly don't read any further.

I haven't been all that thrilled with the show the last couple of weeks, but tonight's episode made up for it.

******************SPOILERS****************************

Seriously, don't read any more if you don't want to find anything out without first watching the show, even though these are mostly questions.

Where the hell is Hiro and why did the picture change? What happened when he went back to the past? Just how far back did he go? Did he save the waitress? What part does she play in all of this?

And what is the deal with Sylar? Is there anything that guy can't do? And why is he cutting off the tops of people's head and taking their brains? Is that how he gains superpowers? Is Sylar from the future?

How does Claire's dad know exactly when and where Sylar is going to kill her? Why doesn't he stop it? Has it been tried before and they failed to save her?

Claire obviously has some major part is saving the world, which I believe goes beyond simply stopping a nuclear bomb from going off. Many, many things going on here. I'm sure the last two weeks have a lot to do with what's coming up, but it was still kind of "meh" to me and I feel like they're getting back on track with this episode.

An odd thing I noticed on the website, where the web comics are. This sentence:

"Think you've read them all? Maybe, but have you found all the hidden surprises?"

Hidden suprises? Anyone know what that might mean?

And this too:

Max Mode

"Max Mode" works exactly like "Read Mode" but with increased magnification. This viewing method is ideal for exploring fine details and perhaps a secret or two!

How does Claire's dad know exactly when and where Sylar is going to kill her?

Because he's seen Isaac's paintings. He see's the homecoming banner and recognized the gym.

Why doesn't he stop it? Has it been tried before and they failed to save her?

I have no idea. How can he stop a future that has been predicted if all of Isaac's other paintings have come true?

The picture is cool. Hiro doesn't look happy in it.

Clearly he goes back in time to her birthday party, but he's unable to save her for some reason.

Go to NBC.com/Heroes and watch part 6 of the latest episode.

Barring that, Hiro doesn't come back but the photo of the girl at her birthday party the previous week shows her with her arm around Hiro.

Enid uses her mind power to persuade Isaac to take drugs and Isaac paints but we don't see what.

Saresh has a dream where the kid gives him the key he found earlier so when he wakes he uses the key to open the desk and finds a file about learning while sleeping that has a photograph of that same kid.

Watched it tonight on the digital recorder for once, and of course it cut off just as Hero popped in at the waitress so I'll have to watch the last minute or three online tomorrow.

I liked it and found myself wanting more and just a bit disapointed I'm going to have to wait for it, but hey, guess that is a sign of a good series.

Split Personality Mom vamping out with the gun and going hunting for Phase Dad was pretty much a given but I like how she's taken a very brutal thought process of 'if he doesn't see it coming'. I'm figuring once dad knew she was there due to son that he started phasing immediately. He certainly knew something was up - curious to see whether or not she got him or not.

Dream Kid and Mohinder ... great, be cryptic. Yeah, got him on the right path, etc, etc, but .. well it could have been more interesting.

Nathan Petrelli - boy what a pecker, but at the same time, I think I could see why he was doing it as he was thinking he was saving his brother from himself. Thing there is some deep seated love there but its run second best to 'whats best' by what Nathan thinks. Curious to see just where it goes with him.

Peter Petrelli - I like this guy now as he has taken the whole 'hero' bit and is running with it and not knowing a damn bit of whether he can make a difference but trying none-the-less. I figured once I saw the painting and then him and the cheerleader meeting up that yeah, he would die, but he was around her long enough to absorb her powers. I'm curious whether or not he started absorbing them before the fall, or only when she came within his presence and was actually brought back to life, his 'power' acting on its own, whether he was dead or not. Curious whether or not 'Dad' is going to pull any strings to get him out of cop trouble.

Hiro - shot off to the hinterlands after the waitress and got lost apparently. Curious to see what is going on there. Once again, Hiro sort of misses his opportunity, though I expect that is rather the whole point.

Cheerleader - liking her a lot more now to be honest and she is coming to grips with who she is and of course there is the normal teen drama. Did think it was kind of cool that her old BFF who turned bitch turned back to BFF there while she was being killed by Sylar and told her to run ... bit of a saving grace for her. Anyhoo, Sylar is one strong SOB as he backhanded the cheerleader, broke her face rather dramatically as well as her arm. That was kind of cool.

Sylar, Mindwiper, Silvertongued Girl - that was a neat little setup there at the end where the voice chick stopped Sylar long enough for Mindwiper to come along and put him down. Very curious what they are going to do with him. I'm also dead curious just who Sylar is ... for some reason I think its going to be a 'shocker' and he's going to turn out to be one of the characters we've already seen and is back in a time loop or something odd as he is running around with a watch that is broken at a certain time, etc which they seem to keep focusing on.

Pretty good episode, looking forward to the next one and really curious just how they are going to wrap up this season (how many more episodes anyhow?) and the possible future ones.

Pretty good episode tonight.

I agree with FF on most points, but I'm leaning toward Nathan being more of a villain type down the road. While it's true that he could have been acting out love for his brother, there's still the cavalier attitude he has towards his and Peter's powers; almost like he's embarrassed by them. He seems to be willing to do anything to get elected. The question is: just how far will he go?

I am thinking that Sylar is going to turn out to be someone we've already met. I'm hesitant to put my guess out there, but there are certain things that point in the direction that I'm thinking.

Hiro going back really messed something up. Sylar didn't kill the waitress until Hiro and Ando were at the diner. Hiro goes back and the waitress is killed even sooner. Can Sylar bend time and space as well? Again, just supposition on my part; but I have a bad feeling that I know who it is.

At least there's still new episodes to come. I'm going to hate it when we have to endure re-runs.

Gah! Anybody else see the latest episode!

I go to watch hoping to get some answers and leave with only more questions!

Now another week to wait! !!!

Yes, they are getting annoyingly good at leaving us in suspense.

I'm left wondering if Sylar is dead or if daddy is going to play with him a little bit before burying him somewhere in west Texas. He may escape (I don't think he's dead), but I think daddy's gonna have some fun with him for endangering Clair. I think Hiro is going to be terribly upset that he missed out on saving Clair.

Went back to the website and paused on the list on names on Mohinder's computer. Quite a few folks we haven't met yet, wonder if we will. A number of them already dead as well. I took a screenshot, maybe I can post the names later if I have the time.

I'm starting to think Peter would wear spandex if he was given the option. He's really running with the whole super-hero bit, and it's going to get him into trouble one of these days. I have no doubts that Nathan will get him out of jail as it's too potentially damaging to his campaign, but Peter's going to get an earful when Nathan catches up to him. One thing Peter does need to figure out how to do is to use the powers of those he's up against if he's going to continue in this line of work. Sylar is a telekinetic and that could have been quite useful. Of course that begs the question as to just how close Peter needs to be to mimic powers.

On Nathan becoming a villian, I doubt it. I think he's going to try to stick his head in the sand at every opportunity. I'm guessing that he will be elected and at some point when the issue becomes public knowledge he will vote for some bill that has some kind of negative impact against homo sapiens superior or whatever you want to call those with powers.

I'm wondering if DL bought the farm or not. He has the ability to let the bullet pass through him, but he'd have to know it's coming and bullets travel pretty quickly. I guess it's immaterial (ha! get it!) until we find out more.

About the whole save the cheerleader save the world bit. It's fairly obvious that the mere act of saving her from Sylar didn't stop NYC from going up in flames. She, or her power, are going to be needed to stop it though, that why she needed to be saved.

Well, saving her did lead to Sylar's capture....

But why couldn't they do that earlier?

I mean, Glasses tells Eden "find Sylar" and she does!

How hard would it have been to find him and blank him sooner?

Peter getting arrested - associated with a Sylar murder - is a convenient way to bring him in contact with the Cop: the only character who was NOT in last night's episode. FBI chick will show up, and take Peter into custody and take him to their "secure" location. Oh, and Peter didn't try to use telekinetics because he didn't know he could, or at least didn't know how. He doesn't know how close he needs to get, and he was a bit panicked. He's never done anything heroic before and suddenly this cheerleader covered in blood runs screaming past him.

Nathan wins the election - Hiro already told him he would. He saw it when he went to the future and saw the explosion.

Hiro - no idea.

DL - I think he phases reflexively when he's scared. That or she shot the car to keep him from running.

She may be nasty, but might not want her son to see his dad blown to pieces right in front of him. It would be funny if she goes into murder rage close contact and he keeps phasing. She'd keep swinging through him until she exhausted herself.

OH, and How Many Episodes???

Don't know, but looking at James Kyson Lee on IMDB it shows this:

"Heroes" (16 episodes)

Genesis (25 September 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Don't Look Back (2 October 2006) - Ando Masahashi

One Giant Leap (9 October 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Sins of the Father (9 October 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Collision (16 October 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Come Together (16 October 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Hiros (23 October 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Better Halves (30 October 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Nothing to Lose (6 November 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Nothing to Hide (6 November 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Seven Minutes to Midnight (13 November 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Homecoming (20 November 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Six Months Ago (27 November 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Fallout (1 December 2006) - Ando Masahashi

The Fix (31 December 2006) - Ando Masahashi

Godsend (1 January 2007) - Ando Masahashi

Which leaves 4 more episodes with Ando, but notice the gap between December1 and December 31.

I don't know if anyone else caught this, but later on Late Night with Conan O'Brian, one of his guests was Masi Oka who plays Hiro. He's pretty damn funny in RL. One of the things he spoke of was that he thought with his newfound fame that he would get lots of girls. But he said that girls would rush up to him to get thier pictures taken, then turn to him and say, "Thanks! You're my boyfriend's favorite character!"

So he said of himself, "I'm Goofy at Disneyland. Everybody just wants to get a picture with me!"

Anyone else see it?

:D

Has anybody read Hiro's Blog?

Apparently he fell in love with that girl he went back to save but she got killed again anyway. And he says about how he going to try to save her [again].

..and his blog ominously ends with: "P.S. I don't know what happened with the other blog entries. Must be a server glitch."

:kabong:

The list of heroes on the computer in "Homecoming":

Name...............Location

Felipe Acerra......Deceased

D.L. Hawkings......Las Vegas, NV

Byron Bevington....Marshfield, VT

Niki Sanders.......Las Vegas, NV

Daniel Buzzetti....Greeley, CO

Isaac Mendez.......New York, NY

Tracy Chobham......Frostburg, MD

Nicholas Datre.....Deceased

Paula Gramble......Monteith, IA

Curtis Hovsepian...Grant Pass, OR

Nathan Petrelli....New York, NY

Noel Menzies.......Deceased

Penkala Burton.....Albert Lea, MN

Teresa hue Pham....Shreveport, LA

Matthew Parkman....Los Angeles, CA

Hiro Nakamura......Tokyo, Japan

[Name Unknown].....Midland, TX

On the other side of the screen, the list is cut off and it's difficult to make out the names beyond a certain point.

David Berman.......New York, NY

Leonie Pinkham.....Deceased

Adam Soo Hoo.......Kailua, HI

Linda Tavara.......Deceased

Norman Ventris.....Deceased

Sparrow Redhouse...New Mexico

Anid Halebiu.......Los Angeles, CA

Michelle...........

Candace W..........

Harry Fle..........

Ethan Kim(ble?)....

Abu Aswan..........

Frank Cav..........

Diego Vel..........

Jess Murp(hy?).....

Sue Lande(rs?).....

Pam Green..........

A screenshot:

thelistaki7.jpg

Well, now you know.

Of course, you don't know why....

This latest episode was interesting, but a bit of a let-down. Nothing progressed.

It does give us some idea why Nathan is so uncomfortable about his powers.

Wimpy American tv writers made it so Charlie was going to die no matter what.

Sylar definitely steals powers, but it's not clear how. Just bad luck of the professor that his first contact was a sociopath.

The cop bit was completely pointless.

It was kind of interesting seeing how their powers developed, and more so, it begs the question why they all of a sudden started developing at the same time.

Sylar, interesting, and the episode was more about him IMO than anything else. I think its interesting how his power was to recognize and to figure out how to 'fix' things. Granted, he took it in a completely different and psychotic direction, but he could tell the other guy was 'broken' the same way he did with the watches the second he glanced at them.

Yeah, Charlie died, but atleast now Sylar doesn't have her power either - think that is probably a good thing, though it did suck. I'm curious whether or not Sylar is a cannibal, eating the brains.

Wait, Sylar doesn't have her power?

Sylar didn't get her? I thought he did. Ando was there, and Hiro didn't come back until after the cops had cleared everything out.

Anyway, it was clearly about Sylar, so that's nice. Gave some answers.

Yeah, why now? Why all at the same time?

Now, do you read the on-line comic? It's interesting but this last one was twisted. Also, I just discovered that if you click on the inside pages, you get things like behind the scenes photos.

I was just wondering if Sylar "gained" the brain defect from Charlie also, if he did gain her powers.

Also it seems almost more like he gains powers by understanding them, and how they work, rather than eating brains or actually physically absorbing them like younger brother does. Which makes me also wonder if the mind wiping guy can make him forget the powers he has. The mind wiping guy also seems to have more abilities than we've really been shown, or let to understand

I did like the little back story on suggestion girl, although I didn't think she was nearly as cute with long hair!