Taelor, Lady Hammerstrike

ardyer

First, let me say I am new to these forums. Hello everybody! Here is my first Wyrd mini I have painted. I posted this model on CMON last night and already had a post from Frustrated Father waiting for me when I woke up this morning! He scored me an 8 and requested some larger photos, so I thought I'd come on over and post them.

hammerstrike2.jpg

hammerstrike4.jpg

hammerstrike3.jpg

hammerstrike1.jpg

The CMON page can be seen at: http://www.coolminiornot.com/128432

@supervike: Hehe...just thought I would supply the requested BIGGER photos ;)

@Sergeant_Crunch: Her flesh came out a bit rough so I went ahead and left the contrast the way it was. I figured the more paint I put on her, the worse it'd look.

@Frustrated Father: I'm glad you like the base (at least I hope that's what you meant). That was my first attempt at sculpting planks in a recessed base like that. You can see in some of the photos where the greenstuff spills up onto the sides a bit.

In a couple of weeks I am going to start a Victoria for a local contest, so hopefully I'll have some photos of her soon...planning on a pretty crazy base...if I can pull it off!

Hi, and welcome here!

It's a pretty nice looking mini there. You've put some nice, bright colours on her which I think suits this mini very well. Plank bases seem to go well with Wyrd minis (I've used it on a couple, myself). I would suggest you used thinner paints, though. It's better to put on several coats of thin paint than a few thicker ones. The finish will be smoother and you can easily go over an area again to fix something without fear of ruining it with too much paint.

Looking forward to seeing your Viktoria. It's one of my favourite sculpts!

Cheers,

Anders