Crocodile Games - Victim

Akenmaat

Hello all. I'm new to these boards and to miniatures painting in general. Since there's no official introduction spot, I thought I'd post here first and say hello! :)

I hope it's alright to post pics of other minis here. This is # WGE-130b Victim from Crocodile Games - I finished him back in April but just now got around to taking a photo of him. He's on a 1" x 2" wooden base. The tall grass/reeds are small pieces of dried Step Grass from Michael's. I discovered that if I break them at the joints, it leaves a nice flower looking leaf at the top of the segment. The second photo is my attempt at a close up of his bruises. I'm still learning how to use my camera. ;)

I call him "Mugging on the bank of the Nile"

WGE-130b_0662.jpg

WGE-130b_0666.jpg

Welcome, maybe I should make an official introduction section .. hrmmm...

Anyhow, that is a really cool miniature and you've done a great job on him, reminds me a bit of the bruises that EricJ did on one of his munchkins. This fella look like he went through the wringer and got the crap whopped out of him. Favorite parts are the bruises on the knees actually.

Isn't this the miniature that comes with that look rat/lizard like assassin thing?

Thanks for the comments. :) Regarding the mini itself, yes it normally comes with the undead assassin that the Croc has (which is how I got him), but he can also be purchased alone.

For the bruises, I started with a small spot of Delta Ceramcoat #02490 Barn Red and increased the bruise size with Delta Ceramcoat #02098 Tomato Spice, then added a few splotches of Delta Ceramcoat #02078 Straw Yellow on one end of each bruise to give it that few-days-old look (although the yellow doesn't really show in the photos). I googled for images of bruises for something to go by. :eek: That was one scary search. *giggle*

I sort of did the mud backwards (just wasn't thinking properly). I wound up dabbing on some Water Effects and then painting over it, instead of the other way around (which I think is how you're supposed to use that stuff). I just had to put the paint on a little thicker to cover the gel. The mud color is Delta Ceramcoat #02527 Dark Burnt Umber. It works out to being the same color as Walnut from other companies.

I put 3 coats of Future floor wax on the mud after matte sealing to give it some gloss, but I'm still unsure of whether I like the glossy mud or flat mud better. I also think I went a little crazy putting mud on his clothes, but I tried to imagine if he fell to his hands and knees first, that would get mud on those. Then if he plopped down on his rear and fell on his side, that puts mud on those spots.

It was a short, fun project. My first time doing a base other than simple glue and sand. Any further suggestions or ideas are welcome. :)