Mortar Team #1

mortar11.jpg

mortar12.jpg

mortar13.jpg

Mortar Team #2

mortar21.jpg

mortar22.jpg

mortar23.jpg

(the gunner is missing his left eye...hence the red and black eye socket ;))

Those were painted for the WARMACHINE Patrols 2006 for my June schedule. I really liked painting them and I really love the combination of the red and green together. They were excellent to try out my new VGC Brassy Brass and Glorious Gold (which I really like together). That combined with Tamiya Clear Orange+black makes a nice and easy gold.

I still have to do the Devastator before next Saturday, so I will start on him tonight!

Pictures of my entire (and growing) Patrol:

http://minirealms.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32262#post32262

(and yes, thes guys were also part of the reason I didn't join TT2 :( )

Looks great! That colour combination looks good, indeed! The only slight gripe I have here is that the grass looks a bit too green and springy next to the melting snow. It should be more yellow/brown...

Yeah, I hear that a lot. Unfortunately I haven't found brown grass in my neighbourhood yet...and until then my Khador will have a Disney look ;)

@Vincegamer: I tried drilling them (you can see it if you look closely), but it needed a huge drill (about 5mm) and that was too much work for 25 points IMO ;)

I must disagree about the grass. Sure, for the dead of winter it may be yellowish...BUT, the slushy snow makes it feel like a spring surprise snowfall, when the grass has already livened up, but winter keeps showing up....

It happens here in Iowa every spring....

Great solid color tones. I like it alot.