Superfigs!!

supervike

Nope...Old Glory seems to be based right in the US of A...Georgia, in fact. That state seems to have a higher than usual per capita of 'mini-related' things...Several painters I know are from GA, Wyrd Games is from GA, New Wave is in GA.

Georgia also seems to have a higher per capita rate of UFO sightings...hmmm.

Sorry for the double post...(not really) but just to put this thread to bed...

I did finally get all my 'Superfigs'. I really like them alot. They are filled with character. The molds are a bit rough, so they will take more time to clean. I will start painting a few soon, so look for them in about 6 years.

• 2 years later...

Hey Vike,

I realize this a rather old thread, but it's new to moi. I'm NOT a fan of Super Hero of any stripe, however, there are quite a few minis [& not so mini minis] in this range that I'd rate as cool [avoiding saying groovy]. The fact that these are not "state of the art" [neither am I; "state of the art" that is] is appealing to me; I really like taking a mini that may not at first glance look all that wonderful & making it into something special. Quite a few minis more than make up for a lack of detailing with an abundance of charater/personality. The Blue Moon Manufacturing range is another one of these mini makers that produce less than high quality minis that paint up very nicely.

Sooo.....Thanks for yet another good lead.

BTW Oh Renowned Moderator, does Alpha Forge accept money orders for on-line orders?

Yup, there is a very nice charm that these minis have, and for some reason they look ok with my hackneyed paint jobs....

For those of you keeping score, I have painted only 2 of the superfigs I got.....AND, I did end up buying the hugely cool 'Mechanical Ape' I originally posted way back in the first post. I've got him assembled, but need to fix the 'airbubbles'. Its a resin kit, and pretty piss poor as far as casting quality goes. I'm sure I can fix it, though.

And, lastly....I'm not really sure about Alpha Forge taking money orders. They changed hands about 6 months ago, and I'm really not priivy to any of the dealings. Try Jay at the email of salesdroid@alphaforgegames.com or sales@oldglory15s.com (he's the feller that bought them up).

Heres the two I painted:

EXTREME closeup of a robot:

img45a70a0aaae86.jpg

And a 'bizarro' Wolverine. I made his claws out of sharpened bobby pins (pointy!!)

img44ce8298430c1.jpg

The amateurish sculpting really plays well with the sub-amateurish paint....

Hey Vike,

Thanks for the info. I have the same credit rating as a Banana Republic, so I'm dependent on the old money orders for purchases.

I think you're too modest. Both the minis rock; as Wren pointed out the cracks & weathering are well done, plus the glowing red lights are really cool. I like the five o'clock shadow on Wolverine. The claws look sharp [moan]. I have a habit of giving my minis' swords, axes, et al an edge; I moderated how sharp an edge after one of my sons sliced up his finger on one [he is or was rather proud of having a sword/duelling scar].