Why?

EricJ

I don't know anything about GD rules, but the GenCon painting contest states that the model you enter is supposed to be "untested" in the public arena, which includes posting pictures of it online. Maybe that is another reason people don't post pics? I'd check into that before you do anything disqualifying. :)

/ali

Ok, so I have golden demon plans on my brain (planning ahead for 06 for my first shot at one), and I was wondering why people are always so hush hush about their entries before the event. I was sort of thinking about starting a thread to post WIP's, get feedback, get ideas, etc...I thought it would be a big advantage to use all the help I can get.

I figure if anyone wants to steal my ideas and does them better than me, then they deserve to win. Also I don't think anyone here (other than Laszlo) would even think to go to the LA GD, so it wouldn't be much about comptetition. Is there any other reasons why I should stay closed mouth on my entries?

Plays that Stevie song, " Very superstiscious, wrtiting on the wall. Thirteen month old baby..."

I asked the same thing on CMON and basically got called an idiot, or seriously warned not to do it. Like as in " bad things" :nutkick:

will happen to me if I did post it up and talk about it lol. I never knew that painters were that superstiscious. Yeah, I know rules, rules, but still...

I'd love to give you my 2c on whatever you had. It'd be a cheap thrill for me at least to see a champ in the making.

yeah, I saw your post and one of the reasons I really started wondering why...

But oh well, I posted a work in progress of one of my future entries now, and 12 hours later I seem to be alive still...not even any ghostly phone call telling me I'll die in a weeks time or anything...

Man those two flicks aren't even in the same category. Cool Japanese/foreign influenced non-Hollywood v. schlock. It wil be a bit ruined by the fact you saw #2 first, but it will stand up in the acting/directing category still. It was mega scary and I don't scare easy in flicks. Wayyy more suspense.

So do ya have pics yet Eric or are you still in planning mode?

yes, Ring 1 is about as spooked as any movie has made me in a long time, quite well done

never saw ring 2, I don't think I will...

As for the mini...she is now quite different than even the shots you see there, I ripped off those legs and am going the all self sculpted route on the lower body ;)

Not sure how well it's turning out yet...although I think in time I'll get it!

yeah, it cuts down waiting time at least in half, probably even more like to 1/3 of the normal waiting time, I think I'm happy with the light bulb, I don't need anything dangerous that starts fires with the cats I have around...you all know their destructive capabilities. :argh: