Sidekick and Take the Stand Upgrade

Sttanokk02

Question

If Changeling at the start of his activations can flip Take the Stand Upgrade, can he use his sidekick ability also? 
Like:
1.He is placing by sidekick ability first  and than remove a scheme marker what are now in 3''.
2.He is placing by sidekick ability first and than remove a scheme marker what was in 3'' at the start of his activation, and now is not.
3.He is replaced first and now resolve his sidekick ability, what he is no longer possess, but he was at the start of activation. 

изображение_2024-10-20_071000690.png

Апгрей.JPG

Ченджлинг.JPG

2 answers to this question

I think the answer is the only way it works is if the scheme marker used was 3" both before and after the place. 

The faqtells us all this abilities are generated at the same time even though they resolve separately. 

But I'd accept arguments that you could do so if you had a scheme marker within 3" before the place  and then a different scheme marker within 3" after the place that you remove. 

I believe its only option one that is valid.

On 10/19/2024 at 7:16 PM, Sttanokk02 said:

1.He is placing by sidekick ability first  and than remove a scheme marker what are now in 3''.

The second paragraph of the Aura rules starts "Auras are lasting effects that move with the object as it moves."  So definitely the aura for Sign on the Dotted Line should be resolved based on where the model is when that gets resolved.

If the effect in question was a pulse, I could see an argument being made for option #2, but that's not the situation.

On 10/19/2024 at 7:16 PM, Sttanokk02 said:

3.He is replaced first and now resolve his sidekick ability, what he is no longer possess, but he was at the start of activation. 

This won't work.  Auras are specifically tied to the model with the ability or action that generates them.  Once the original model leaves the table, its aura becomes irrelevant.  It'd be the same if you somehow managed to bury a model before it was able to resolve its aura.