Neverborn starter

Rhafiki

I've recently re-started Malifaux. 
I picked up most of the Neverborn faction pre-covid and got maybe 1 game in before clubs started closing down etc.

In short, I own most masters and a wide variety of models from he neverborn faction. I've tried Dreamer and he seems a little complex for me at the moment, so I'm picking up Titania instead. At least for now. Marcus was a close second.

I'm struggling to find any example lists for most masters, and from what I have found is that Titania (1) seems to favour out-of-faction models but I can't really find any examples.
Is anyone able to advise? :)

Any help is appreciated! 

Thanks,

The go to Titania1 lists typically involve fitting in as many big stompy units as you can, not necessarily out of keyword but likely including Versatiles.

One very extreme example of this for example would be running Mysterious Emissary, Hooded Rider, Malisaurus Rex (out of faction but in key word), Rougarou and a Waldgeist with 5 stones for playing with in game and the entire crew (Titania aside) being legitimate targets to be resurrected by Gorar.

A more balanced approach post Titania2 though likely would probably include the Erymanthian Boar as he is just that good and gives you some much needed scheme running potential due to his ability to teleport around with the underbrush markers.

So for example you could run Boar, Waldgeist, Bultungin, Emissary, Killjoy, Rougarou and 4 stones spare. More bodies than the previous list, sticks much more to being in keyword, doesn't involve having to buy a Rex (who is only usable by Titania in NB as it is itself an Explorers model). In general though Regelridderen's advice is solid. Learning the keyword is probably a better learning experience than trying to get too funky with OOK picks for all your neverborn masters (except Lucius).

24 minutes ago, Hawkoon said:

Some good advice above, I'd just like to add that the emissary is really really good with Titania1. It might as well be a keyword model, I can't even remember playing a Titania1 game without it....

Yeaaaaah, the Emissary appearing in both the above lists is exactly this. It is an excellent model for multiple Neverborn Masters but in Fae it gains and gives a lot due to the shared interest in terrain. While a number of Fae abilities (the into the thorns trigger in particular) care specifically about Underbrush Markers, Tangling roots and Planted Roots only care that they are in Severe Terrain, meaning that the Emmissary gets to activate both of these (and Roots from below) off of all of your underbrush markers and any Waldgeists you take have the option of activating their own abilities off of the Emissarys Hungry Land Markers. If need be the Boar can use the Hungry Land Markers for his Through The Brush ability and Bultungin have the option to create additional Hungry Land Markers via Homeward Bound. Of the Fae models only the Rex is actually immune to the Hazardous traits of the Hungry Land though so typically you will find the Emissary making more use out of Underbrush markers than your Fae models utilising the Hazardous markers.

I've already purchased Rex, I mean... Dinosaur... :)

Appreciate the advice and I'll be sure to watch more YT videos/listen to more podcasts, thank you for the Titania(1) list example, that's good food for thought.

For some background, I play other tabletop games competitively and having something to reverse engineer gives me some idea of how the faction/master is meant to be played.