Play styles.

izi

I have a massive ask.

Getting back into malifaux for 3rd ed, been gone aling time. I have picked up linh ly and want a second master for some versitility.

I have engaged with all the media i can. But cant gain a feel for how the masters play. And need some advice or a lose idea for each master.

Im currently thinking of pairing with either misaki, lucas or shenlong (asami is an option but not so big.

My resd on linh is that linh 1 is a schemeing controler who is a force multiplyer primeraly. Linh 2 presents as a brawler but i think is still a support peice who can brawl when its safe.

So who do i pair with her and how do they play

Things i think i could use, a bubble buff crew, a scheme scenteic crew, a mobile crew who can cover area, a core beater master (linh 2 may cover this enough)

49 minutes ago, Regelridderen said:

Yan Lo and Lynch/Huggy can do your bubbly stuff. 

Misaki and McCabe can handle your need for speed. 

I was looking for one master if possible.

I flip flop on yan lo, at times i think his mini game is fun, at others i find his models ugly

Macabe suffers from 2 being very cool and 1 being medioca so had less versitility.

Misaki is very tempting and its just the blandness of her crew putting me of.

Lynch was an early pick up for me when the thunders first came out, i do like him. But similer to macabe lynch 1 dosnt feel like he has a role now 2 is out

6 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Whuddayamean? Yan Lo is the coolest thunder master out there?

He’s got speed - with Yin and Manos and tons of pushes/Obey.

He’s tough as heck, when you get in his bubble.

And if you pick up a Kabuki Warrior, you can make a Min3 Terrifying 11 model that hands out -flips on Wp.

Im not saying his models have piip rules. Its the asctetics of them, the revised and update models look cool.

But adhiguru, doggos, yin and toshiro look a bit outdated 

On 8/18/2023 at 5:55 AM, izi said:

I was looking for one master if possible.

I flip flop on yan lo, at times i think his mini game is fun, at others i find his models ugly

Macabe suffers from 2 being very cool and 1 being medioca so had less versitility.

Misaki is very tempting and its just the blandness of her crew putting me of.

Lynch was an early pick up for me when the thunders first came out, i do like him. But similer to macabe lynch 1 dosnt feel like he has a role now 2 is out

Sounds like you don't like anyone.  All that is left is Mei Feng? 

That aside, I'm not sure why you think McCabe1 is mediocre and not versatile. His crew brings exceptional mobility and tricks, alongside healing and some hitting power. You can always tap into Versatile models to shore up weaknesses. He and Youko2 probably have my highest winning %. Though if you're looking for 2 usable versions of a masters, only Youko2 is viable. I don't think I'll play Youko1 ever again.