Getting back into the game with ES

Beta

So without writing an entire novel: Due to health reasons I've basically been out of comission playing Faux since right before the pandemic hit. From that time up until now I had 3 games scattered over the entire time...all more me flopping around trying to get back into the game, a new faction/edition/GG season.
I've tried multiple times to at least get back on a theoretical level, but without playing no chance. Good news is I can now start playing again on a regular basis.

So...when looking at ES in its current form with all the Erratas and FAQs...which would be the best keyword atm to get things starting again (old releases and upcoming)?
No super compliacted snyergies and setup and versatile enough to cover the Strats and most Schemes.

• Like 1

Welcome back! 

I'd pick Seeker as, while their chronicles can appear to be tricky to remember, the key word doesn't suffer if you forget them occasionally. The Key word is strong and versatile to handle most pools, and quite forgiving of mistakes thanks to it's healing. 

Wastrel is also a good pick, very versatile, but I think it has a complicated unpack, if you want to leverage more of the upgrades and handing them out to gain more bonuses etc...

14 hours ago, Silas Cordell said:

EVS can compete in most pools while staying in keyword.  They have a pretty solid unpack, and the only thing you really need to keep track of is which models want which suits.

I was going to recommend EVS too, but wasn’t sure if all of the reconfigure fell within the requested “no complicated synergies,” since it can be pretty though intensive to play well.

Otherwise, I would put EVS right behind Wastrel in terms of versatility. 

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome back. I feel like ES right now is extremely well balanced internally, so pretty much every keyword has game. 

That said, I personally think that Wastrel, Syndicate and Cadmus are more aimed towards specific pools. EVS, Dua, Seeker, Apex and Frontier I feel I could make work on most pools, although Apex and Frontier I will strongly consider the terrain and deployment type before picking. 

The ones I would say require the least synergy to make work would be Frontier and Syndicate.

But remember to focus on what you like the look and theme of : ) 

• Like 1