Help me with McCabe

ElPuto

Hey guys, coming back after a long pause.

Do you have any tips, suggested models, etc, to play McCabe in ES? I'm going to play a game tomorrow (Guard the Stash) and I wanted to play my all-time favourite (used to play him in Guild and 10T during M2E and in 10T till my stop from the game).

This is the pool:
- Vendetta
- Catch and Release
- Leave your Mark
- Public Demonstration
- Set the Trap

Thanks in advance!

I’m guessing from this you’re planning to play Relic Hunter McCabe?

For this pool, Botanists and Hucksters are good to have. Yan can very easily get 2 grow tokens on some Botanists quickly, and they’re tanky enough to be a good choice for both Public Demonstration and Catch and Release.

Hucksters activating late can be good for good for both of those schemes as well if the terrain is suitable for them to bounce around with Secret Passage. They can also pretty reliably get Set the Trap done by placing next to model(s) that have activated and dropping scheme markers with False Claim.  They can similarly threaten or deny Leave Your Mark this way.

I’ve actually had pretty decent success running 3 Botanists and 3 Hucksters in a crew, but I used McCabe’s new title when I did that.

Do you know what the strategy is or what your opponent is playing?  Also, do you have McCabe’s new title?

3 hours ago, TheUnseemlyOne said:

I’m guessing from this you’re planning to play Relic Hunter McCabe?

For this pool, Botanists and Hucksters are good to have. Yan can very easily get 2 grow tokens on some Botanists quickly, and they’re tanky enough to be a good choice for both Public Demonstration and Catch and Release.

Hucksters activating late can be good for good for both of those schemes as well if the terrain is suitable for them to bounce around with Secret Passage. They can also pretty reliably get Set the Trap done by placing next to model(s) that have activated and dropping scheme markers with False Claim.  They can similarly threaten or deny Leave Your Mark this way.

I’ve actually had pretty decent success running 3 Botanists and 3 Hucksters in a crew, but I used McCabe’s new title when I did that.

Do you know what the strategy is or what your opponent is playing?  Also, do you have McCabe’s new title?

I would like to use McCabe2 honestly! Anyways, my opponent will play Molly and strategy will be Guard the Stash!

9 hours ago, ElPuto said:

I would like to use McCabe2 honestly! Anyways, my opponent will play Molly and strategy will be Guard the Stash!

For Guard the Stash I would take 3 Botanists as a start. If run McCabe2 they will be Df 7 with a -1 stat to enemy attacks near them if there is a relic around. That will give them a lot of staying power for hanging around a stash marker or if you want to use them for Catch or Public Demonstration.

I really like Desper into the pool/matchup. He’s mobile enough to run schemes and can run down a lot of problematic model for you. 

I would also recommend looking at the Corpse Curator. It can count as a scrap marker for card draw with Looted Supplies, to get out relics with McCabe and Luna, and with its Cursed Sludge can hand out poison and make enemies with poison not be engaged, which can be useful for McCabe2 shooting or allowing your models to charge/walk away from enemies.

McCabe2 gives out stunned stunned to anything he damages with his gun, so he can get a lot value popping a shot into a model that relies heavily on its triggers. He can give out focused to all friendly wastrels in a 5” range with a trigger when he digs up a relic, which will help a lot with his gun into rezzers.

Another thing to be aware of is that he can generate a scrap off of another wastrel with the trigger on Take What You Can Carry, so he can make his on scrap for when he wants to make a relic if he has another wastrel around.  Luna is a handy target for this on turn 1-2  

Hucksters are definitely worth considering. The stash markers are blocking, so a Huckster can jump from marker to marker with Secret Passage, making them extremely mobile.  They would also be good for a late turn jump to get either Catch and Release of Public Demonstration. False Claim makes them good for getting Set the Trap and for getting or denying Leave Your Mark.

Rough Riders are helpful for mobility, healing, and potentially running down enemy scheme runners. 

7 hours ago, TheUnseemlyOne said:

For Guard the Stash I would take 3 Botanists as a start. If run McCabe2 they will be Df 7 with a -1 stat to enemy attacks near them if there is a relic around. That will give them a lot of staying power for hanging around a stash marker or if you want to use them for Catch or Public Demonstration.

I really like Desper into the pool/matchup. He’s mobile enough to run schemes and can run down a lot of problematic model for you. 

I would also recommend looking at the Corpse Curator. It can count as a scrap marker for card draw with Looted Supplies, to get out relics with McCabe and Luna, and with its Cursed Sludge can hand out poison and make enemies with poison not be engaged, which can be useful for McCabe2 shooting or allowing your models to charge/walk away from enemies.

McCabe2 gives out stunned stunned to anything he damages with his gun, so he can get a lot value popping a shot into a model that relies heavily on its triggers. He can give out focused to all friendly wastrels in a 5” range with a trigger when he digs up a relic, which will help a lot with his gun into rezzers.

Another thing to be aware of is that he can generate a scrap off of another wastrel with the trigger on Take What You Can Carry, so he can make his on scrap for when he wants to make a relic if he has another wastrel around.  Luna is a handy target for this on turn 1-2  

Hucksters are definitely worth considering. The stash markers are blocking, so a Huckster can jump from marker to marker with Secret Passage, making them extremely mobile.  They would also be good for a late turn jump to get either Catch and Release of Public Demonstration. False Claim makes them good for getting Set the Trap and for getting or denying Leave Your Mark.

Rough Riders are helpful for mobility, healing, and potentially running down enemy scheme runners. 

Thanks dude, exactly my thoughts.

My list right now is something like this:
5SS
McCabe2 + FWC
Luna
Botanist + FWC
Botanist
Corpse Curator
Cryptologist
Huckster
Sidir + TM

Lots of things to do, hope it can be a good starting point :D

16 minutes ago, ElPuto said:

Thanks dude, exactly my thoughts.

My list right now is something like this:
5SS
McCabe2 + FWC
Luna
Botanist + FWC
Botanist
Corpse Curator
Cryptologist
Huckster
Sidir + TM

Lots of things to do, hope it can be a good starting point :D

Really good list but i would swap the 2nd FWC onto the other botanist to let you fully make the most of the once per game ability

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, im_open_to_suggestions said:

Really good list but i would swap the 2nd FWC onto the other botanist to let you fully make the most of the once per game ability

Unfortunately I've already uploaded the list in the game, but sure, that would be great. Thanks for the tip!