Typo or new level of complexity?

ShinChan

So, the Calligrapher models have the Daze trigger, but with a different suit than everyone else. Is this intentional or a typo?

I truly hope it's just a mistake. Before Madness of Malifaux, we already had 837 different triggers in the game. The last thing the game needs (among many others) it's adding more complexity to that by switching the suit for triggers among different models.

Someone else pointed out that Wukong also has the same trigger as Viks1, but in a different suit.

Edited by ShinChan
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Cats Laughing said:

Wait, people actually try to memorize what triggers are on which suits?

If you play enough, it just comes naturally. Also, triggers with the same suit have something in common (less and less with every release):

• :ram Puncture, crit strike... (extra damage and healing)
  • :ToS-Mask: Quick reflexes, onslaught, pouncing strike (extra actions, movement tricks, staggered)
  • :ToS-Tome: Preparations, focused attention (buffs, draw cards, burning)
  • :crow Delay, Mutilate, Infect, Daze (debuff, conditions, special effects)

I wish Wyrd had kept the original idea of keeping the game simpler (and this is an opinion I've heard more and more since Malifaux Burns) instead of overcomplicate it for no reason.

Pre-Madness, we have 837 triggers. It's becoming worst that Infinity and its hundreds of weapons and ammunition.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1