Machinist Eye of the Storm vs. Seamus 2's Alone in the Dark

Jian

Question

Hello, 

Does Seamus, AKA Sebastien Baker's Alone in the Dark trigger ignore the Eye of the Hurricane aura from the Machinist?

Does it matter if Seamus has the aura up with an enemy model in range before the Machinist has moved in range to help their friend?

Any help would appreciated, thank you!

image.png.5e72735cb648eb16ff6a5babb3700267.png

image.png.608fba30cfaaf505a5bf2eadb70149e1.png

2 answers to this question

I'll give you the vassal world series ruling, and the reasoning behind it:

205890903_ScreenShot2022-09-13at10_30_05AM.png.1481674e8c82da372c89a41af671cb71.png
We, with this excerpt from the rulebook on page 3, ruled that whatever interpretation "prevents the most" is correct. 
So with that in mind, Eye of the Hurricane prevents the effects of enemy auras except where Alone in the Dark prevents friendly auras, and Alone in the Dark prevents friendly auras (like Captain of the Superior or Phalanx) except where Eye of the Hurricane prevents enemy auras. 
So it's hard to see anything while you're alone in dark in the middle of a hurricane, I guess.
The issue of trying to figure out "which aura wins" without the above interpretation, is that they both basically claim the same thing, so we had to go with something.

My feeling is that while you're affected by one of the auras you can't be affected by the other,  but this has the downside of you need to keep track of which aura applies first. ( which isn't the same as which aura was put up first, and infact it could change over the course of an action if you were able to leave one aura and remain in the other ).