Replenish the Autumn Court - fluff thoughts

Da Git

I've been having some thoughts on how the Autumn court refills its ranks of late. From the stories it's sounded like quite a few of Titania's knights and Fae Dryads have fallen to Mercenaries, Marcus and other miscellaneous characters since their release. So without any way to renew their ranks, they'd be screwed and from how Titania acts, she's either seriously living in denial or has some way to replace her losses. I've come up with a few options:

1. In her first story she crafted the Tooth, Thorn & Claw from the living bodies of her foes. I doubt this would be done for all her losses as it would be far too tedious for the Queen.
  2. Her magics bring them back to life. Probably powered by the Letting Stone. Most likely option as she did bring back the Bultungin from their age-old extinction.
  3. Can she bring back the Dryads of old? Those of her followers or Dryads from before her fall? I don't really see why not (again, the Bultungin).

Next question, can she make new Fae (either Dryads or the others, I imagine restoring a few of the covens would be useful!)? Either through the members of her court mating (probably hard to do if they're all undead) or through the return of the scatter bands of Fae that survived (we know there a few scattered bands of Dryads, but they're almost out of reach).

The Gigants should have a better chance of growing their numbers the old fashioned way, now they've come down from the mountains and have a more varied gene pool and food supply to avoid inbreeding and cannibalism (poor, poor Geryon!).

17 minutes ago, Da Git said:

I've been having some thoughts on how the Autumn court refills its ranks of late. From the stories it's sounded like quite a few of Titania's knights and Fae Dryads have fallen to Mercenaries, Marcus and other miscellaneous characters since their release. So without any way to renew their ranks, they'd be screwed and from how Titania acts, she's either seriously living in denial or has some way to replace her losses. I've come up with a few options:

1. In her first story she crafted the Tooth, Thorn & Claw from the living bodies of her foes. I doubt this would be done for all her losses as it would be far too tedious for the Queen.
  2. Her magics bring them back to life. Probably powered by the Letting Stone. Most likely option as she did bring back the Bultungin from their age-old extinction.
  3. Can she bring back the Dryads of old? Those of her followers or Dryads from before her fall? I don't really see why not (again, the Bultungin).

Next question, can she make new Fae (either Dryads or the others, I imagine restoring a few of the covens would be useful!)? Either through the members of her court mating (probably hard to do if they're all undead) or through the return of the scatter bands of Fae that survived (we know there a few scattered bands of Dryads, but they're almost out of reach).

The Gigants should have a better chance of growing their numbers the old fashioned way, now they've come down from the mountains and have a more varied gene pool and food supply to avoid inbreeding and cannibalism (poor, poor Geryon!).

There's an advanced pursuit in the TTB 'from nightmares' book called 'supplicant of autumn' that at step 6 seems to replace living / species traits with fae / undead, so that seems to be the way to generate new knights, have people join up / go through the supplicant process.

36 minutes ago, muraki said:

There's an advanced pursuit in the TTB 'from nightmares' book called 'supplicant of autumn' that at step 6 seems to replace living / species traits with fae / undead, so that seems to be the way to generate new knights, have people join up / go through the supplicant process.

Cheers! Forgot about them. I guess that's one way to replenish her knights but not really for any Fae lost. From memory they don't actually become Fae with the same inner glow and connection to the yon olde, untainted magicks of Malifaux.