Asylum

wobbly_goggy

Does anybody ever use them successfully? I love the sculpts and bought the M2E starter set years ago to teach people. On the rare occasions I get to play, I definitely want to get use out of them (oh yeah, and the Neverborn folks too, I guess...)

Will we ever get an Asylum Master or see Grimwell upgraded? Any excuse to make chainsaw noises and see that dude's cheeky grin on the table :D

As far as I can tell, they're best used individually as needed to fill gaps, rather than trying to build around the Keyword.

That said, an Orderly and Grimwell can work well if there is other Staggered support in the crew which makes them decent picks in Lucius or Nellie crews.

Its a shame that Pine box targets Wp, not Mv, because that would make them nice picks for Lady J too (or just with the Effigy/Emissary).

I don't think we'll ever see an Asylum Master though.  I think they'll forever remain a small semi-Keyword.  I'll happily be surprised on that score though!

• Like 1

Dr Grimwell is a decent beater, with some potential card destruction and draw, and Nimble/Doctors Orders is certainly nice in a faction that needs more movement. If you do invest in Skull Saw (cards, stones, or getting Staggered going) he can be devastating. However competes with lots of Guild models that can do similar things (depending on keyword).

Nurse Heartsbane I have found very interesting to drop into crews for some ranged debuffing. Straightjacket can really mess with enemy plans - Staggered, with potentially Slow, Stunned and movement all in one S6 v WP action? Yes please! She is also reasonably survivable lurking behind your lines with Serene and Regret (but not indestructible).

I didn't see much value in Orderlies, but I haven't used the new improved ones. Creep along certainly means you will have more chance to get emergency surgery going. However I think with the new Guild versatiles (Gunner and Mage) are going to see more play, even at the higher cost.

I did run the whole Asylum crew a while back for a laugh but not sure it is worth it at the moment.

So in my opinion.... Heartsbane is the best general pick (ranged debuffs this good hard to find in Guild), Grimwell can be good but requires resources to be really good, and the Orderlies still don't quite pique my interest.

• Like 2