Questions about The Kurgan

RoivasO

Question

I had some questions about the Kurgan, mostly about how the terrain effect of Mudslide interacts with other abilities

3b58f2408a513.jpg

1) Does The Kurgan's Tangling Roots range increase work from it's own Mudslide? 

2) Can a friendly Grave Goo's Trail of Slime turn the area within 3 of The Kurgan into hazardous terrain?

3) Does a friendly Moorwraith gain shielded from ending a move within 3 of The Kurgan?

3a) If no, what if it ends in base to base with The Kurgan?

Thanks, 

4 answers to this question

I believe it is yes on all accounts.

1. It's an aura so it does effect the model that creates the aura (the Kurgan). So as long as the aura is active the Kurgan will always be in Severe/Concealing terrain and can tangling roots any model within the aura.

2. If the Goo is in base contact with any part of the aura I believe the entirity of the aura becomes hazardous as it as all one terrain piece. Interestingly based on the Kurgan being a terrain marker being a seperate part of the effect I believe the Kurgan itself is only treated as hazardous if it is in base contact with the Goo.

3. Through the muck doesn't specify terrain marker, it only cares about terrain. So a Grave goo or Moorwraith (yours or the opponents) would gain shielded for ending a movement within the aura.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Some people play it that you cannot be in base contact with an aura, so grave goo can't turn the aura hazardous if you play that way.

What does being in base contact with an “aura” have to do with anything.  The model’s in base contact with an area of the table with terrain traits.

Edit:  And that area of the table is as well defined as it has to be for the terrain traits to be applied, out of necessity.

3 hours ago, solkan said:

What does being in base contact with an “aura” have to do with anything.  The model’s in base contact with an area of the table with terrain traits.

Edit:  And that area of the table is as well defined as it has to be for the terrain traits to be applied, out of necessity.

Just telling you how some people play it xD

Some play it that the terrain aura doesn't have a base, so cant be in base contact to turn it hazardous.