Kirai

Pappy pig

In addition to finding a lost love (old metal single, person willing to sell the model on its own or converted) you do need vengeful ghosts, undertow, ravenous and the kirai components of the other side starter set to complete the keyword.

• 4 weeks later...

I discovered that the Ikiryo that’s in the 1st Ed box set is on a 30mm base. I do have the Kirai avatar (which is Ikiryo coming out of Kirai’s body) is on the right size base (50mm). Can I use the avatar as the Ikiryo model? 
managed to get Lost love from the Wyrd store.

1 minute ago, Pappy pig said:

I discovered that the Ikiryo that’s in the 1st Ed box set is on a 30mm base. I do have the Kirai avatar (which is Ikiryo coming out of Kirai’s body) is on the right size base (50mm). Can I use the avatar as the Ikiryo model? 

Technically you cannot use Avatar as Ikiryo... But I'd be surprised if you found anyone who actually objected to it. Just check with a TO before tournaments.

5 hours ago, Pappy pig said:

As maniacal cackle said, strictly the avatars are legal proxies for the emissary, but I'd be very surprised if anyone actually objected to you using the avatar of vengeance as ikyru, especially if you never use it as an emissary. Although moving your model to a 50mm base is a good option. 

I have both Kirai & Perdita avatars, but would get the proper emissary models to be honest, would save confusion. Though considering the avatar is Ikiryo coming out of Kirai’s body, a alt Ikiryo would be better than a Emissary. Oh well It’s just a mild irritation to try & swap bases after they've been glued for years. Anyway I ordered a base now so will just swap. Thanks for the clarification Adran.

7 hours ago, Adran said:

As maniacal cackle said, strictly the avatars are legal proxies for the emissary, but I'd be very surprised if anyone actually objected to you using the avatar of vengeance as ikyru, especially if you never use it as an emissary. Although moving your model to a 50mm base is a good option. 

Though I don't use many proxies, there are a couple of models I fundamentally do not like (Agent 46), one that fit the theme of the crew better (Melissa KORE), found a model I preferred (Desper), or wanted to use existing models (three Miss Anne Thropes for Hustlers). But when I do, I make sure they're properly marked as such, so that there's zero confusion for my opponent. This was the WIP (now finished) Agent 46.

image.thumb.png.876457d9389de62a42bf10ec83aa5685.png

• Like 1

So I just ran into another Ikiryo problem, in that the actual 1st Ed model, is only a size 2 model & she’s now size 3. So I’m now stumped on what to do as the model size is much bigger.

im now thinking of using the avatar as Ikiryo & marking the base as Morgan suggested. The avatar is on the right base & is the right size model, unless anyone has any suggestions about the old model?

9 minutes ago, Pappy pig said:

So I just ran into another Ikiryo problem, in that the actual 1st Ed model, is only a size 2 model & she’s now size 3. So I’m now stumped on what to do as the model size is much bigger.

im now thinking of using the avatar as Ikiryo & marking the base as Morgan suggested. The avatar is on the right base & is the right size model, unless anyone has any suggestions about the old model?

Stupidly enough, I think the old ikiryo is legal regardless of how confusing it is.

You can use basing to increase height by standing on a rock or similar.

Or you can bring both models to events and use the avatar, and if your opponent isn't happy swap to the first edition one.