New to TT. Best resources

AnythingBut

Hey folks. 

Im a returning player to Faux. I played a lot in M2e (Arcanists and Lady J). However when I quit I sold most of my models (except my beloved Marcus crew). 

I wanted to try something different to Arcanists in 3E and am really liking the look of TT. 

As well as reading through these forums is there a good place to try learn some TT tricks. A well known and good TT player who has battle reports on youtube, or a blog or such like?

Cheers

Hmmm... I don't know of any great TT specific content.

I know a lot of great TT players on the LFG discord server, and you can get a ton of great insights talking to them. But no one spot it is all collected.

Might be worth checking bigger hat - they have a tacticas section.

But also Malifaux is definitely a game where everyone brings their own style, so you may find yourself inventing your own crews before long anyway.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Hmmm... I don't know of any great TT specific content.

I know a lot of great TT players on the LFG discord server, and you can get a ton of great insights talking to them. But no one spot it is all collected.

Might be worth checking bigger hat - they have a tacticas section.

But also Malifaux is definitely a game where everyone brings their own style, so you may find yourself inventing your own crews before long anyway.

Oh yeah Malifaux involves too many combos of models, opponents models and schemes to just copy any particular playstyle. However a bit of a keyword tactic and how some of the models interact would be a good place to start. 

I'll have a look the places you mentioned. Tactic threads would cover what I was looking for I presume! 

Thanks 

On 12/1/2021 at 2:28 PM, Jude said:

What masters are you leaning towards the most right now?

I've just got Monk and Oni keyword bundles with most of thr models so will start there. 

Then thinking of adding Misaki for a different play style and scheme pool. Found a few threads and discord but I guess nothing helps quite as much as playing some games and seeing myself what works for me!! 

• 1 month later...