Early game Chronicle activations

Nexus 2023

Hello explorers/Seekers! 

My apologies if this was covered in depth elsewhere but I couldn't quite find what I was looking for!

What is the ideal positioning and sequencing for crew models to ensure Chronicles are activating in the first or second round? I've really been struggling with this in my last few games since nothing is really taking damage and can't be healed until the 2nd turn. Any advice is appreciated! 

19 hours ago, Malifauxn00b said:

I haven’t thought of that! Will give it a shot. Do you have a go to routine for your first round ?

There's probably far more optimal activation orders than mine since I'm not very good yet, but I like to set Goo on fire with the Lamplighter, then push it three inches. Move the Surveyor up to chain gang Goo. Activating the Goo should pull Mikhail up six inches now.

Kurgan avalanches Jedza up 5" and moves up. Then probably The Damned goes. Walk Sophie up within range of Jedza for Camp by Candlelight, Jedza should be in range to get the +1" move boost.

I usually deploy Sophie in front of Mikhail pretty much in base contact. Sophie activates, does grab from the pack to give focued to Mikhail. Sophie walks once, does camp by candlelight. Trigger for ram is built in on that action so Sophie takes two damage, gives a life token to Jedza.

Next activation Lamplighter activares does unnatural glow on Sophie who pushes up to 3" and heals. Now all chronicles can go off.

• Agree 1

Sophie synergize so well with Jedza seekers and she will guarantee your chronicles with camp by candlelight rams trigger! :) on turn 2 if she is near Jedza she will heal because she'll have 4 HP and thus triggering all your chronicles! For turn 1 chronicles you can heal Sophie with a lamplighter/Jedza or use the Damned ability to ping himself and heal him after that (he'll be kind of far away from your crew if you leaped so check your distances well!)