Playing Reva - new to faction

Hey all,

so, I’m new to the Ressers and I love original Molly and original Reva…only problem is I’m a bit rubbish at the game (still fairly new to it) as I keep hopscotching between factions.

I want to play Reva better, I’ve had two games so far and she died horribly quickly in turn 2 of game two…what’s the ideal way to play her? 

11 hours ago, Malevolence_Rising said:

Hey all,

so, I’m new to the Ressers and I love original Molly and original Reva…only problem is I’m a bit rubbish at the game (still fairly new to it) as I keep hopscotching between factions.

I want to play Reva better, I’ve had two games so far and she died horribly quickly in turn 2 of game two…what’s the ideal way to play her? 

How are you using her?

With her melee attack being able to arc through other vectors, I usually have her pretty far back. She'll often take some damage (and some stone mitigation), but then she can heal back up by using her bonus, or by killing candles with the ranged attack.

I love me Reva....the best way is as MC says above make sure you are blasting through your models. Drain off burning for positive flips and make sure you use her healing as much as possible. Once you get used to using her she is hard to pin. I rarely get her killed these days. Siphon life trigger on Feed on Grief is good to heal. You give her Graves Spirits touch for regen as well. Put loads of Pyremarkers around so if they come to you they start pinging burning. She has a great move of 7 so use it to keep them at arms length.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BadLuckBear said:

What’s the best way to generate pyre markers with her crew? 

Usually the question is 'what do you need them for', but there's a few major tips to know:

• If a revenant model that makes pyre markers on kill kills a corpse candle, you get two pyre markers.
  • If you kill a corpse candle with something that removes a corpse, it still leaves a pyre behind with its demise.
  • Reva's second title, Luminary, can do it on a mask trigger.
  • Lampads can do it on their built in ram trigger if the enemy already has burning (more common with Luminary).

Overall I would say Original Reva doesn't need too many pyre markers (but they're really good for unquiet dead when things line up). Corpse candles provide plenty of pyre markers as they die and you move them around.

For luminary, it is worth doing some hyjinks to get extra ones. You'll tend to have more burning out, so lampad triggers, killing corpse candles, and Luminary's mask trigger all help.

EDIT: For killing your own corpse candles with attacks, you generally want to set it up so you can do it on a charge. This way you're not losing forward momentum for the crew and are remaining efficient.

• Like 1