Black blood question

Pazuzu_666

Question

Hi,

Yesterday I played a game with my friend and I played with Nekima. At one point of the game 4 of my crew members surrounded my adversary master. Then at his master activation, he made an action that damage my four guys, which in turn activate their black blood ability. The question we have about this case is to know if his master suffer 4 damages (one for each black blood) or if is it treat with the same mechanic as the hazardous markers where you just suffer the damage once no matter how many marker you cross?

Another part of the interrogation about this scenario, if I have Hayredin within range of my others guys, does its Revitalizing Ichor ability is limited to  heal 1 or in the case where a crew member ignore damage from the black blood from two guys next to him do it heal 2?

Hope my question is clear enough to understand, English being my second language I'm not quite sure about my sentences construction ;)

Thank you

4 answers to this question

Each model can damage with black blood, so if he hurt 4 models he could take 4 damage back. Each black blood does damage separately, and there is nothing in the rules that woudl suggest you combine them,  where hazardous markers are specifically called out as something that does something a little different. 

Likewise, each time a model ignores black blood it would heal, so if you were in a case where your 4 models were all in black blood range of each other, you could have healed 3 damage with each model.

What ever action your opponent did was probably not a good choice of action since it sounds like it will have cost him 4 health and healed 4 of your models upto 3 damage each. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Hi,

Another game, another question about black blood.

the context is the following, my opponent Riotbreaker make a shieldbash action on my mature nephelim. My interpretation of the time line of this duel is that my mature receive the damage, which in turn activate his black blood (affecting the riotbreaker) then is push. My opponent view of the thing is that I take damage, then get push, then the  black blood activate (affecting no one).

For the sake of our future games, could you illuminate my lantern about the correct way to resolve this case of figure?

Thank you

Please see the FAQ, section 2 Actions, part 4:

Some Actions have listed effects that are two distinct impacts on a model, such as “Target suffers 2/3/4 damage and is Pushed up to 3" in any direction.” Are these two distinct impacts considered separate effects?
a) Yes. In the above instance, these are separate effects that resolve independently. These effects are always resolved one at a time

in the order presented in the text. If a model is killed (and removed) from the first of these effects, any following effects (such as being Pushed, discarding cards, etc.) are ignored.

As the fact says, the text "Target suffers 1 damage and is Pushed up to 2" in any direction" is describing two sequential effects:

• Target suffers 1 damage
  • [Target] is Pushed up to 2" in any direction.

Note that there was an errata to the damage timing which states:

Change the text of the first paragraph to the following text: “When a model suffers damage, it follows the timing structure below. If any model suffers damage as a result of an effect generated during this timing structure, the damage timing for that model is resolved after completely resolving all (6) steps of the initial damage timing, in the order in which the damage was generated. If multiple models suffer damage at the same time (such as from a Shockwave or B), resolve the damage timing of each model completely one at a time.”

Until all of the generated passes through the damage timing are completed, you're not done resolving the damage so you can't continue resolving the effects of the action.