Stats for the new Models?

TimH

So I assume that with people having their Starter sets from gencon arrive this means that people now have the stats for the new syndicate models for court and guild. All the malifaux stats wound up being posted here and there on the forums in the week after gencon but i gather that the smaller and quieter player base for ToS has meant the same hasn't occured for ToS cards from the starter box. Just curious if there's anything interesting in the starter set for Court as while I like taking Binh for the additional tactics tokens alone it's a shame that at present a chunk of his card has been unusable as there's no other court models for him to copy actions off of. Anything especially tasty that he's getting from the starter set models or is it going to be a case of taking him for the tactics like before but then keeping the rest of the company in Hordes/Burning Man?

I'll need to check the cards themselves to see if there was any change from the previewed versions, but the court models were shown in wednesday weeklies.

enslaved spirits:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2019/10/2/if-you-have-ghosts

gwisin:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2019/9/4/waldos-weekly-same-ghost-every-night

kirai + ikiryo:

https://www.wyrd-games.net/news/2021/5/5/you-and-whose-army

• Like 2

The Kirai specific one had appeared in the articles but the other ones are all new. Thanks for posting them.

My understanding on envoys is that if i take court as an envoy I can equip the court assets to court models but cannot include court strategies in my deck (which is probably for the best, Anchor to reality looks like it could be pretty nutty with Gibbering Hordes)

Hmmm, not sure i'd go too hard into a combined arms force of Gibbering Hordes+Court of Two but I can definitely see myself taking Into Mist on Binh (Gibbering have a lot better crow triggers than they do mask triggers) and possibly a unit of Gwisin. Plus keeping it to a small number of envoy units the Gibbering Hordes own glory condition should just keep the court fireteams nicely topped up on reinforcement tokens to glory themselves pretty quickly without too much worry.

2 hours ago, TimH said:

The Kirai specific one had appeared in the articles but the other ones are all new. Thanks for posting them.

My understanding on envoys is that if i take court as an envoy I can equip the court assets to court models but cannot include court strategies in my deck (which is probably for the best, Anchor to reality looks like it could be pretty nutty with Gibbering Hordes)

Hmmm, not sure i'd go too hard into a combined arms force of Gibbering Hordes+Court of Two but I can definitely see myself taking Into Mist on Binh (Gibbering have a lot better crow triggers than they do mask triggers) and possibly a unit of Gwisin. Plus keeping it to a small number of envoy units the Gibbering Hordes own glory condition should just keep the court fireteams nicely topped up on reinforcement tokens to glory themselves pretty quickly without too much worry.

Yeah I think you're right with the envoy card.  And yea, same, not quite sure I'm going to go too deep into a combined hordes / burning man  + court, the box really feels more like its geared towards building court lead team... which is good and bad, good cause its fun to play something new, but bad cause it just makes me feel like I'd want even more court models so I could main it.

I do wonder how Kirai / Sonnia feel with the reduced hiring script.  Kirai seems like she could make it back a bit with the summons but still...

I assumed Kirai had the reduced Scrip cause she came with Ikiryo, similar to how Horomotangi got less because he was a titan. My problem with including Kirai into an existing faction is how you get her and Ikiryo down the board and into the fray. As far as I can tell the combined arms squad rules mean ikiryo still has to maintain unit coherence with Kirai, so it's not like you can sprint it off on suicide assasination runs and then summon a fresh Ikiryo at the start of turn with reinforcement tokens.

Definitely agree there isnt enough Court models out yet to run a solo court list. So far the two units are a bunker unfantry unit and a support tank(?) unit sort of in the style of the whelks. They don't really seem to have a heavy hitter outside of Ikiryo and Binh.

47 minutes ago, Metalhed said:

No coherence. They’re not a squad. Ikiryo is free to run. And in glory she’s quick. 

Also agree. There isn’t a huge amount of heavy hitters in the faction. But with enough attacks landing they’ll get damage done. Gwisin hits go up in damage as the game goes on. 

Oh

I'd read the combined arms entry and thought otherwise but having gone back to it I see what you mean, Kirai doesn't have the squad tag. I guess this is why she has an upgrade card to let her reinforce the combined arms Ikiryo, the generic rule that allows conbined arms to reinforce references squads. So Kirai+Ikiryo is a bit of a weird one isn't it? I take it they still act on the same activation and share the same tokens?

Do you know if the Ikiryo can take it's morale action as the commander action in place of Kirai during the activation? It isn't a commander but it is part of the commander fire team.

Also good to hear, disruption and contesting objectives seemed to be how I invisioned Ikiryo acting but wasnt sure how it would play out due to my misunderstanding about the unit cohesion.

Have you been playing Kirai in single commander games so far or have you had the opportunity to try them out acting as a syndicate? A lot of my initial impressions of Kirai herself are being limited by a combination of her having a low hiring value and being a summoner who we dont have all of the summons for yet.

FAQ 1 should cover your first one. 

I ran her as a syndicate to my cult crew. Her summoning helped me come back from a bad turn to swing the game in my favour. 

I think you do need to get a few games with her to maximise value. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t using her to the full potential. She still felt good though. 

156782FD-0A53-4A74-BE6D-4B0BE98B035B.jpeg

• Like 1