LoS and size

Angelshard

Question

Apologies if this has been answered, my search-fu is terrible. 

I've seen and heard the argument that size 1 models are easier to hide. 

I don't get why. 

P. 17 of the digital rulebook says:

"When drawing LoS between two objects, any intervening models or terrain with a Size or Height that is lower than either of the two objects is ignored." 

So unless both models are size 1 I don't see why. A size 2 model should be able to see a size 1 as easily as another size 2.

Is there something I'm missing? 

2 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

Apologies if this has been answered, my search-fu is terrible. 

I've seen and heard the argument that size 1 models are easier to hide. 

I don't get why. 

P. 17 of the digital rulebook says:

"When drawing LoS between two objects, any intervening models or terrain with a Size or Height that is lower than either of the two objects is ignored." 

So unless both models are size 1 I don't see why. A size 2 model should be able to see a size 1 as easily as another size 2.

Is there something I'm missing? 

There is actually, for the first time a reason why ht 1 models are easier to hide this edition.

People have been making that statement for the past 10+ years without any truth to it, but finally, since the Shadow rules apply if the model is in the shadow of terrain of equal or greater height, there are now times when a Ht 1 model is harder to hit than a Ht 2 model whilst hiding behind Ht 1 terrain

Page 18

When drawing sight lines from one model to another, if either model is in the Shadow of terrain with Height equal to or greater than the Size of that model (even partially), any sight lines that pass through the terrain generating that Shadow are blocked (even if the terrain is being ignored due to its Height, as per the Line of Sight and Size rules on pg. 17).