Scrapyard Mines and unaffected by Pit Trap

Rufess

Question

Sparks has his Scrapyard Mines changed in the last errata to the following:

Scrapyard Mines: Scrap Markers within :aura6 are treated as Severe and Hazardous (Damage 1 and Injured +1) Pit Trap Markers (and vice-versa). Friendly models are unaffected by these Pit Trap Markers.

So the question here is: What does the word "these Pit Trap Markers" refer to? Is it referring to (a) only Scrap Markers (which are treated as Pit Trap), or (b)also the original Pit Trap (which are treated as Scrap)?

My vote goes to (a) but would like to have a clarification.

4 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, Rufess said:

Sparks has his Scrapyard Mines changed in the last errata to the following:

So the question here is: What does the word "these Pit Trap Markers" refer to? Is it referring to (a) those Pit Trap converted from Scrap Markers, or (b) original Pit Trap?

My vote goes to (a) but would like to have a clarification.

A) scrap is turned to a trap, and traps are scrap, and friendlys are immune to both

Edit: to be a little more clear, if he is within 6" of a real (50mm) pit trap, friendlys are immune to it, and it is treated as a jumbo sized scrap

Edited by fire5tone

2 hours ago, fire5tone said:

A) scrap is turned to a trap, and traps are scrap, and friendlys are immune to both

Edit: to be a little more clear, if he is within 6" of a real (50mm) pit trap, friendlys are immune to it, and it is treated as a jumbo sized scrap

Scrap -> Pit Trap for sure, but Pit Trap -> Scrap is highly doubtful. I mean it does make sense that friendly models are immune to Pit Trap -> Scrap since those Pit Trap are affected by the ability as well as Scrap. My biggest concern is that, however, it brings anti-synergy to the Test Subject, the model within same keyword that is designed to be functional with being affected by Pit Trap.

7 hours ago, Rufess said:

Scrap -> Pit Trap for sure, but Pit Trap -> Scrap is highly doubtful. I mean it does make sense that friendly models are immune to Pit Trap -> Scrap since those Pit Trap are affected by the ability as well as Scrap. My biggest concern is that, however, it brings anti-synergy to the Test Subject, the model within same keyword that is designed to be functional with being affected by Pit Trap.

It does bring anti synergy to them, just straight up it ain't amazing to 'em, because yes they have to be immune to it's injury and severe, but there's lots of stuff that can come with having 50mm scrap (and tbh, the test subjects are still strong as heck)

8 minutes ago, fire5tone said:

It does bring anti synergy to them, just straight up it ain't amazing to 'em, because yes they have to be immune to it's injury and severe, but there's lots of stuff that can come with having 50mm scrap (and tbh, the test subjects are still strong as heck)

Still, would have been nice if the immunity were optional.

• Agree 1