"Push away" completely broken by errata?

Scoffer

Question

If an object is moving “away from” or “toward “ another object, the player controlling the move must choose a single point on each object as reference points. Then move the object in the most direct path so that the two reference points are 
furthest from or closest to each other as possible (as appropriate).

Models A and B are in base contact. I push Model A 4" away from Model B. According to the new errata I do the following:

1. I choose any point on Model A as reference point A.

2. I choose any point on Model B as reference point B.

3. I push Model A 4" in any direction (not through Model B as they are not incorporeal).

4. Now reference point A is 4" further from reference point B than it was before push. 

Prove me wrong please!

So Id like to place a  explanation I made in the breachside simulator discord here:

Move Towards:
Mikail 4¨
use the red dots as selected refrence points.

unknown.pngunknown.png

if instead of a move is a push you can place the pushed model to touch any part of your frontal arc. look for the tangent

unknown.png

Mechanics like anya that pull and push  now give a lot of control,( a hell lot more) a pull and then push example

unknown.png

As a rule of thumb look for the tangents. That will give you the frontier of the angles you can create.
unknown.png

as said before a 180º angle is posible when in base contact

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 9:45 PM, LeperColony said:

From a balance standpoint I don't know if the change is bad.  I do think it makes towards/away more complicated to resolve and much more difficult to account for in terms of what might occur, but that's the nature of the game.

Agree about balance.

In terms of resolving the pushes, I think it will actually speed things up. Because there there will be a significant arc of possible movement, you won't need to bust out the laser unless you're trying to push along one of the edges of the arc. 

• Agree 3