December and acolytes

AllistorPreist

so December has been a bit on the outs lately, and love for rasputina is at an all time low. So that has me thinking, I should pick her up during the easter sale and see what is what, particularly targeting the nightmare box. I know silent ones can rock, and who our heavy hitters are, but then there are acolytes. In M2E I used acolytes cause frozen heart let them ignore terror, and I faced a lot of terror back then, but what do they do these days? I guess analyze weakness would be good against a heavy armor crew, but is there anything else they do for you?

I'm not playing Arcanist as a main faction atm but I tried to bring Raspi for a few times recently because I love her theme and models. 
While the Acolytes look good with Tools For The Job and a nice gun with movement trick on triggers, they don't really add much for the crew. They don't offer much synergies (more options for Slow, though) but the competition is just too much for them. They are 1 Stone more than Silent Ones and those just are a huge help for Raspi herself. 

So far, I didn't find a lot of legitimate reasons to bring one (not even talking about two or even three). Shame.

20 hours ago, AllistorPreist said:

so December has been a bit on the outs lately, and love for rasputina is at an all time low. So that has me thinking, I should pick her up during the easter sale and see what is what, particularly targeting the nightmare box. I know silent ones can rock, and who our heavy hitters are, but then there are acolytes. In M2E I used acolytes cause frozen heart let them ignore terror, and I faced a lot of terror back then, but what do they do these days? I guess analyze weakness would be good against a heavy armor crew, but is there anything else they do for you?

Their biggest trick is probably situational min 3 on a 12" range. With Tools for the Job they can guarantee the Crow and punish model your opponent Activates early. The problem with them is that they don't ignore Ice Pillars so your opponent is always going to have Cover. Furthermore, they have From the Shadows, but are suuper squishy so they either die Turn 1 or dont use FtS. Finally Grim Feast is an absolutely abysmal bonus action for December models. It's simply irrelevant, making them a 2 AP model at a stat disadvantage because of Cover, hitting Min damage because of Cover, with a 0" engagement range, no movement tricks, and no scheme marker shenanigans. 

• Like 1