Outcasts in Fauxvember!

Yore Huckleberry

I've been tabulating results from Fauxvember. Rough tourney for Outcasts, but here's the numbers.

Disclaimer -- this is a small data set and it's player reported, so I might have an error or two. It's also super dependent on the particular games, so it's tough to extrapolate. Here's the raw data, though I've got plenty of margin notes and calculations that might not be fully labeled: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18zIZCXiSaXK6QE1fyady3htLn4P3aAevI7Xel3nCzuI/edit?usp=sharing

The Scoring

Outcasts had a rough tournament and finished bottom of the pack this time: 4 wins, 10 losses, 1 draw from 5 players over 3 rounds. Guild also had a losing record, Arcanists and Rezzers tied Wins-to-Losses, while Thunders, Neverborn, and Bayou had net-positive records this time around.

The highest-finishing Outcasts player finished at 17th ... although ranks 7-18 were all 2W/1L/0D players settled by tiebreaks, so that's a decently strong finish. The other positions were 26, 29, 39, and 43.

The Masters

Tara 2 0 0 2
Von Schill 1 1 0 2
Hamelin 1 1 0 2
Viktorias 0 1 0 1
Leveticus 0 1 0 1
Jack Daw 0 1 0 1
Parker 0 2 0 2
Zipp 0 3 1 4
Faction 4 10 1 15

Every Outcast master was played this tourney, which I think only Rezzers also accomplished (and they had 12 players). Tara went undefeated, while Von Schill and Hamelin traded blow for blow with even records. The other masters had losing records this time, with Zipp taking a particularly hard turn at 0-3 with 1 draw.

The Schemes

Outcasts R E Times Taken % completed
Let Them Bleed 0 0 0 n/a
Vendetta 4 3 7 0.5
Catch and Release
0 0 0 n/a
Leave Your Mark 3 1 7 0.2857142857
Breakthrough 2 1 2 0.75
Research Mission
2 1 2 0.75
Assassinate 0 0 1 0
Spread Them Out
1 1 3 0.3333333333
Take Prisoner 0 1 1 0.5
Sabotage 1 0 2 0.25
Runic Binding 0 0 0 n/a
Claim Jump 2 1 2 0.75
Hidden Martyrs 2 1 3 0.5

Outcasts didn't try for Let Them Bleed, Catch and Release, or Runic Binding.

Strong Schemes were Breakthrough, Research Mission, and Claim Jump, all scoring at 75% of the possible points.

Leave Your Mark was particularly weak, as was Sabotage, although it was taken only twice.

The Strategy Points

On Corner Symbols, Outcasts scored a total of 14 of the 20 possible strat points, for a 70% conversion rate. This  is slightly above the tourney-wide rate of 64.8%.

On Flank Corrupted Ley Lines, Bayou scored a total of 15 of the 20 possible strat points, for a 75% conversion rate. This is also above the tourney-wide rate of 67.6%.

On Wedge Recover Evidence, Bayou scored a total of 12 of the 20 possible strat points, for a 60% conversion rate. This is above the tourney-wide rate of 47.0%

Conclusion

While the final scoring went against them, Outcasts players actually scored a lot of points this tournament in both schemes and strats. They seem to have hit particularly rough matchups along the way, but tended to keep their own games on the scoreboard even during losses. While this didn't ultimately translate to tournament victory, the faction can clearly score points, and meta-bogeyman Leveticus was left home for 14 of 15 games this go'round.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was the 17th ranked player, with Zipp loss against Marcus and Von Schill / Tara wins. 

I guess the thing about Zipp is that yes, he is strong and mobile, but nevertheless I don't see him/his crew running an airtight game as I see, for example, the Freikorps, and I most of the time go back to playing other masters just because I feel them more prepared to play a specific game than him.