BattleSystems Fantasy stuff

Paddywhack

I kickstarted this stuff and am still slowly making my way through putting it together. I'm a bit neurotic, so I have to use a marker on all the edges, otherwise I don't feel it looks quite right, so its taking ages to assemble everything I got.

I did get the Ruined Monastery set together to create the below table. Also using some stuff from TerrainCrate to fill it out. And the BattleSystems 'Portal' near the middle.

I need some more concealing terrain (fog banks or something) as most of this is hard cover stuff. I did intend to call the area through the portal as concealing, so that's something. 

Now I just need to find time to play on it.... and get the rest of the terrain together... 

• Like 2

That stuff looks very nice :D I like the ivy on the stonework a lot. I've got a similar issue I find where a lot of my own terrain swings a lot more towards the blocking/impassable than severe/concealing. And the severe terrain I do own is huge.

Are those pictures representative of how you'd set up a board? I'm always curious to see how other people lay out boards, since my own play group are all relatively new to the game.

On 10/6/2020 at 11:14 PM, Azahul said:

Are those pictures representative of how you'd set up a board? I'm always curious to see how other people lay out boards, since my own play group are all relatively new to the game.

Somewhat. I've added a few small pieces since taking pics. I was mostly going for a themed board. The mat is from Mats By Mars and is their ''Ortega' themed one that shows the footprint of a large building. I thought the ruins of the monastery would go well with it. 

I sometimes put too much terrain down, and have been trying to adjust. I don't want any huge long lanes or places impossible to get to. This board would favor an incorporeal crew a lot. I need/want to add some severe and concealing. I just don't have anything great right now. I am putting together BattleSystems lakeside cottage and the water features are double sided - one side a lake and the other a marshy swamp like ground. A couple of the smaller swamp like ones might fit on this board and help break it up a bit. 

Oh I see! I'd somehow gotten the impression that the tiled area was the extent of the mat, and was wondering why there was so much terrain in the corners. That's a pretty cool set-up, I might need to consider getting my hands on that mat somewhere down the line.

I'll admit that my initial thought was that the map looked a bit too open, funnily enough. I can see non-Incorporeal melee models having a problem, but it doesn't look like there is very much terrain that would block LOS for guns across the middle of the table.