Suggestions for a demo crew

primevalivy

So no one plays Malifaux around here and I’m new myself but hoping to do some demos and build interest. 

I am building ressurectionist personally (Molly and Reva so far) but Thought it might be a good idea to have models from another faction to use in a demo to make the table variety look better. 

What are some good crew boxes for a new player in a demo? 

What I look for in a demo is:

• Even soulstones on each side.
  • Each crew has a henchman and three identical minions (to minimise how many models there are to learn).
    • In some cases, though, I break from this (like Sebastian + Flesh Construct + 2 nurses + dog)
  • Relatively straightforward mechanics.
  • Relatively balanced strength on each side (unless you're planning on always playing one side of it, in which case give yourself the weaker side).

So I guess I have to wonder what you'll use on the Ressers side to be balanced against? Philip and three risers?

I go for simple and easy.

• Mercenary
  • Freikorps
  • Marshall
  • Nephilim
  • Bandit
  • Guard
  • M&SU
  • Last Blossom
  • Big Hat

I try to stay away from condition heavy crews when you're introducing the game.

• Thanks 1

Going from the above and noting P&N's crew is 26 stones...

• Mercenary: Taelor + 3 Ronin (27 stones)
  • Freikorps: Arik or Hannah + 3 Freikorpmsmann (25 stones)

Etc. Should be able to find several good options (though might be good to proxy a quick demo game or even just run a few attacks against each other to see how fast models die).

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, primevalivy said:

I like the bandits since they play up the Wild West aesthetic That I think is a strength but oof I feel like they just shoot the molly box off the table. 

That's definitely something to be aware of, especially if you have a small amount of terrain (my demo games often have three pieces).