First time using Raspy list

StealthGeekMiniatures

First time ever with Raspy to try her out tonight. Wedge deployment, Public enemies and chose leave your mark and prisoners managing a healthy 5-1 win.
Crew- rasputina+wendigo, snow storm, blessed, ice gollum, ice gamin, silent one and cassandra. 
Used blessed to run the prisoners scheme and chase down a lyssa, turn one with leap, double walk and end phase pursuit i was in engagement range with the flanking enemy 😁 The rest of the crew was used to control the centre with the ice gollum as the main piece. 
I was a bit worried about facing the Giants and taking leave your mark scheme but it actually worked out very well.
Almost lost the Gollum turn 2 going down to 1 wound but armour 2 and the aura helped me out,  then managed to heal up all the way back up with some good silent one and wendigo interaction in a single activation.
All in all, despite reading alot of posts saying she is underpowered and not very good with the combo I took and the strats and schemes i was fairly impressed. Normally I would have taken Hoffman for this but was pleasantly surprised on how she performed.

What crew or raspy list would you have taken and why?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, StealthGeekMiniatures said:

First time ever with Raspy to try her out tonight. Wedge deployment, Public enemies and chose leave your mark and prisoners managing a healthy 5-1 win.
Crew- rasputina+wendigo, snow storm, blessed, ice gollum, ice gamin, silent one and cassandra. 
Used blessed to run the prisoners scheme and chase down a lyssa, turn one with leap, double walk and end phase pursuit i was in engagement range with the flanking enemy 😁 The rest of the crew was used to control the centre with the ice gollum as the main piece. 
I was a bit worried about facing the Giants and taking leave your mark scheme but it actually worked out very well.
Almost lost the Gollum turn 2 going down to 1 wound but armour 2 and the aura helped me out,  then managed to heal up all the way back up with some good silent one and wendigo interaction in a single activation.
All in all, despite reading alot of posts saying she is underpowered and not very good with the combo I took and the strats and schemes i was fairly impressed. Normally I would have taken Hoffman for this but was pleasantly surprised on how she performed.

What crew or raspy list would you have taken and why?

she only can play well on symbols; she is the most weakest master in ascanists

Glad it worked! But mind 1 game isn't definitive proof, keep playing her and check if she keeps giving you good results.

We miss information tho, I guess your game was Rasputina vs Euripides, right? That has to be a fun game. Which were the rest of the schemes? And just out of curiosity, which was the NVB player's list and chosen schemes? What did he try to do (aside for almost killing a golem XD)?

I like that Cassandra pick with Raspy btw, early help setting up pilars and then a good jack of all trades; not sure what you copied in later turns, but something easy to miss with her upstage (It happened to me): If you use it to copy a bonus action, she will lose both a normal action (the upstage action) and her bonus action of the turn (models cannot use more than 1 bonus action per activation unless aditional ones were generated by a trigger, which isn't the case); and she couldn't take a bonus action from upstage after resolving one of her own for the same reason. She may generate a Blizzard with Upstage, but she will get 2 damage (asuming she removes a pilar) while activating it (but even in that case, Blizzard + Finesse can be quite gross XD, just be sure activating Blizzard is the last thing she does in her activation and patch her with a silent/companion wendigo soon after or spare an SS to reduce that damage).

And that healing combo... 2 severe + 1 moderate heal lol; being in the receiving end of that has to be disheartening.

7 hours ago, StealthGeekMiniatures said:

Maybe there is information missing here, but just in case. Schemes and strategies can only be scored from turn 2+

1 hour ago, Ogid said:

Glad it worked! But mind 1 game isn't definitive proof, keep playing her and check if she keeps giving you good results.

We miss information tho, I guess your game was Rasputina vs Euripides, right? That has to be a fun game. Which were the rest of the schemes? And just out of curiosity, which was the NVB player's list and chosen schemes? What did he try to do (aside for almost killing a golem XD)?

I like that Cassandra pick with Raspy btw, early help setting up pilars and then a good jack of all trades; not sure what you copied in later turns, but something easy to miss with her upstage (It happened to me): If you use it to copy a bonus action, she will lose both a normal action (the upstage action) and her bonus action of the turn (models cannot use more than 1 bonus action per activation unless aditional ones were generated by a trigger, which isn't the case); and she couldn't take a bonus action from upstage after resolving one of her own for the same reason. She may generate a Blizzard with Upstage, but she will get 2 damage (asuming she removes a pilar) while activating it (but even in that case, Blizzard + Finesse can be quite gross XD, just be sure activating Blizzard is the last thing she does in her activation and patch her with a silent soon after or spare an SS for that).

And that healing combo... 2 severe + 1 moderate heal lol; being in the receiving end of that has to be disheartening.

Maybe there is information missing here, but just in case. Schemes and strategies can only be scored from turn 2+

eurpide can easyly say to golem go away) and cassandra is the bad choise; golem is not bad model if u can take him in a good position, but when opponent places him, pushes, make him stagger, he becomes useless 10-12 ss model

4 minutes ago, Plaag said:

eurpide can easyly say to golem go away) and cassandra is the bad choise; golem is not bad model if u can take him in a good position, but when opponent places him, pushes, make him stagger, he becomes useless 10-12 ss model

I agree, controlling the golem is probably the best option for Euripides; killing that thing isn't easy (especially if he got SS cache and with all the healing from silents/mimics like abilities and ice pilars around him) and that Armor+2 shits on the min 3 damage of the crew; sending it through a pilar to Siberia has to be hillarious too XD.

Why don't you like Cassandra tho? She helps setting up pilars turn 1 copying Rasputina ability (with the built in trigger btw) and then she can be more of anything you need. More pilars? You got them. Healing? She is your girl. Scheme potential? Nimble, don't mind me and built in reposition will do the trick. A tankish model? Activate Finesse, engage something and interact to give it distracted on top of it (double:-flipthat will make most models sitting ducks), Df6 btw. AoE damage? Double Blizzard or Breath of fire. It's true she isn't the best for either of those roles and her damage output is in the lowish end; so it's maybe just me liking toolboxes too much, but I find her an awesome model.

1 hour ago, Ogid said:

I agree, controlling the golem is probably the best option for Euripides; killing that thing isn't easy (especially if he got SS cache and with all the healing from silents/mimics like abilities and ice pilars around him) and that Armor+2 shits on the min 3 damage of the crew; sending it through a pilar to Siberia has to be hillarious too XD.

Why don't you like Cassandra tho? She helps setting up pilars turn 1 copying Rasputina ability (with the built in trigger btw) and then she can be more of anything you need. More pilars? You got them. Healing? She is your girl. Scheme potential? Nimble, don't mind me and built in reposition will do the trick. A tankish model? Activate Finesse, engage something and interact to give it distracted on top of it (double:-flipthat will make most models sitting ducks), Df6 btw. AoE damage? Double Blizzard or Breath of fire. It's true she isn't the best for either of those roles and her damage output is in the lowish end; so it's maybe just me liking toolboxes too much, but I find her an awesome model.

its better to take another silent one or vasques if u want dont mind me; she is a bad model

• Thanks 1

Vasquez is a better schemer than her and can be annoying with all that fire and distracted, but he lacks the amount of shenanigans Cassandra may pull off with Raspy... I can't say that I share that opinion, maybe niche or cheesy as 9SS OOK for her IS a bit pricy; but not straight up bad. I apreciate the feedback tho, I like gimmicky crews too much XD.

• 4 weeks later...

An small follow up in the Cassandra topic; my game this weekend was NVB Marcus vs Raspy (Omega masters, yay!), my oponent took Cassandra and she performed well. The first turn helped with Pilars, the second turn helped to heal the Blessed of december to full after a BJ twarted my assassinate attemp; she also engaged my models, dealt some damage and even had enough mobility to threat reaching the symbols near of my deployment. She is still pricy and Raspy is defintely a non top tier master, but to consider in her crew.