Advice for third master.

FrDeerhands

Hey guys

Im looking for a third master, the idea being to stick with those three and give me a good well rounded pool of models that can fit into any scenario. 

I currently have Molly and Kirai, i like jack daw and yan lo but im not sure if either of them would compliment what i already have. 

Any advice including other keywords to look up would be awesome! 

My first question would probably be

"Are there any scenarios that you think you're going to struggle with with what you currently have?"

At a guess I would assume you are probably going to stuggle most with dealing damage to an opponent, but that may depend on how you play what you already have. As a Master, Reva, McMourning and Seamus have the biggest damage tracks, but you might not find the keywords that damaging.

The last key word is Transmortis, and the new boxes to make the keyword really playable are due out shortly (They weren't quite ready for Gen con I think).

9 minutes ago, FrDeerhands said:

I dont feel like i particularly struggle with any strats or schemes, but you might be right about my lack of damage

Its possible that the 2 masters you have can cover all the scenarios for you then. (I know plenty of top players that have largely played with only 1 master).

Can you come up with any combinations of Strategies and schemes and board layouts and opponents that you think you would really hate to have to pick either of these two for?

Assuming you still want to get a third master then I would either look for one that you like the look and style of, or one that offers you a different style. You don't seem to have a huge hole that you need the 3rd master to fill, so it doesn't matter all that much how it compliments what you already have.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, FrDeerhands said:

Id say mostly neverborn, (pandora, dreamer,) bayou (zipp, somer, ma) outcasts( hamlin, levi, the vics, parker) 

Hmmm... Some things to consider (although you're probably fine with just Molly and Kirai if you want to focus on those two)

• Anna Lovelace in Von Schtook's core box can prevent placements - very handy against Dreamer's summons, flyers like Zipp, etc.
  • Eternal Servitude box (part of Yan Lo's crew) will give you Manos, which comes with an anti-demise aura that can be devastating to Levi and similar (though you already have that aura on Datsue Ba).
  • Molly is pretty amazing against Zipp, not familiar with Somer and Ma.

But overall, I don't spot any major weaknesses in your matchups (though I haven't played them all), so Adran is probably right. You're probably set and don't really need a third crew - but if you want one, grab one that appeals to you!