Ready for anything - what collection would prepare you for any scenario?

It occasionally comes up in other threads, asking what combinations of masters work well. So I thought I'd ask it in a slightly difference form: what collection would you recommend to be able to face anything? If possible, let's do it by 3E boxes. Let's also split it into:

On a budget: What minimum boxes would you take to be able to handle most scenarios?

Solid collection: What would you need to be able to feel like you can face any scenario and a variety of matchups?

Exceptional: What would you need to be able to face any scenario, and any enemy crew? (This one may be superfluous, as the answer is probably "every Resser model").

For me, my 'on a budget' collection would be: Molly core box, The Lost, Dead Rider, Eternal Servitude. Molly is so versatile that with her base crew and those extra beaters, I feel like she is ready for most scenarios.

What about you? What would you consider the best collection for the above categories?

• Like 1

I started with von Schtook and imho he rivals Molly as the jack of all traits. His only problem: not all of his models (especially the Valedictorian) are readily available. To be honest, I even don't really know which master would be necessary to complement him. At the moment, I mostly look at versatile/OOK models to fit him to specific games.

Eternal Servitude is an awesome box for ANY Ressers player. Toshiro is great for some (summoning) defensive tec and delivers additional benefits. Manos is always an option. Yin can help with specific schemes. Overall, I think everyone can benefit from this box.

Dead Rider is a beatstick you can field if you need some bashing power. Some players swear on his recycling power e.g. with Asura. No practical experience myself with that, maybe someone else can elaborate on it.

I really wasn't sure if I should go with Emissary or Asura first. As an experienced wargamer I had enough enough proxies for Mindless Zombies, but completly new players might prefer to go with Asura and the Zombies first. I for my part have found great use for the Emissary, as it is flexible enough to yield profits in nearly every situation. Only exception is pure smashing power, for that the Rider is better. But in every other case I prefer the Emissary's mixture of decent firepower and diverse support options.

I wish to have a single Nurse, they are awesome even OOK, but they are the only model of their box I'm interested in (I don't play Mourning yet), which makes me a little bit sad. I assume Bone Piles work as a decent replacement, but they're less specialized imho. But that's probably the reason why I'll go for their new box first.

I look towards Anna + Vincent to have summoners have a *really* bad day, as expensive as it might be. To have at least one of them ready to play is.  already a big benefit to counter those lists.

• Like 1