Jack Daw vs Lady Justice

Zebo

That's my second game with Tormented, wanted to give a try to the same list. 

Recover Evidence

Corner

Research Mission, Assassinate, Claim Jump, Leave your Mark, Spread them Out 

My crew:

New Jack Daw Crew (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Jack Daw
    Servant of Dark Powers
Totem(s):
  Lady Ligeia
Hires:
  Montresor
  Jaakuna Ubume
  Guilty
  Hanged
    Servant of Dark Powers
  Crooked Man
  Hodgepodge Effigy

Just wanted to see how each model performed again, this time versus a more straightforward crew. 

My oponnent deployed the next crew:

New Lady Justice Crew (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 8
Leader:
  Lady Justice
Totem(s):
  Scales of Justice
Hires:
  The Judge
  The Lone Marshal
  Guild Steward
  Pale Rider
  Exorcist

Not only good against undead, but also three models with Ruthless. This was gonna be hard for me. 

I choosed Leave your Mark and Claim Jump on Montresor. 

Turn 1:

Mostly movement. My opponent approached the Exorcist too much and I managed to lure him with Jaakuna Ubume and kill him with the Hanged. 

Lady J also approached too much, but Jack Daw failed every single attempt to curse her. 

The Lone Marshall did 2 damage to the Hanged with a single shot, even after Incorporeal and ss. 

Turn 2: 

Jaakuna Ubume lured Lady J and charged her, in a try to pin my opponent Master between Daw, Montresor and Ubume. 

My opponent ended killing the Hanged between the Pale Rider and the Lone Marshall, while I was luring Lady Justice. 

Guilty and Crooked man approached the center via my right flank, and put Staggered on Steward and Judge. 

Daw managed to curse Lady Justice and put some damage on her, but she leaped away and did some damage to both Crooked Man and Guilty. 

End of turn 2:

Tormented - 0

Marshall - 0

Turn 3:

This turn he Steward picked the Intel Marker dropped by the Hanged and healed Lady J, while my Effigy walked and removed the Intel Token dropped by the Exorcist. 

Then, the Judge charged and killed the Effigy.

Crooked Man attacked Lady Justice and did a bit of damage to her, while red jokering Malifaux Mining Law to drop a scheme marker near Lady J. 

Lady J then killed both Crooked Man and Guilty, and healed. 

Between Jack Daw, Montresor and Jaakuna Ubume, Judge was left in 1 remaining wound, even after the Pale Raider bonus action wich healed her and did damage to my remaining models. 

The Rider attacked Jaakuna and Daw, and did a bit of damage to both. 

The Lone Marshall killed Lady Ligeia with a focused shot. 

End of turn 3

Tormented +1 (Recover Evidence) = 1

Marshall +1 (Recover Evidence) = 1

Turn 4:

Lady Justice removed the Intel marker dropped by the Crooked Man, leaped and put some damage on Jaakuna Ubume. 

Jaakuma Ubume put her Aura and attacked a bit Lady J. 

The Pale Rider did his aura again and did some damage to all my models, while healing Lady J and Judge. 

Daw cursed the Rider, draw 2 cards and healed 1, and killed the judge. 

The Steward healed Lady Justice. 

Montresor removed the Intel Marker dropped by the Judge, and failed to shoot to Scales of Justice. 

The Lone Marshall did some damage on Daw. 

End of turn 4:

Tormented +1 (Recover Evidence) = 2

Marshall +2 ( Recover Evidence, Assassinate) = 3

Turn 5:

The Pale Rider killed Daw. 

Montresor did some damage to the Rider. 

Lady Justice and Lone Marshall did some damage on Montresor, leaving him in 2 wounds. 

Steward removed the Intel marker dropped by Jaakuna Ubume. 

End of turn 5:

Tormented +0 = 2

Marshall + 3 (Recover Evidence, Assassinate, Claim Jump on Lone Marshall) = 6.

Funny game, full of mistakes for my part. I forgot to heal Daw after killing the Judge, which would have meant probably no scores for Assassinate. Also forgot the Intel token I put on Scales, too centered on trying to carry Montresor up to the center. Montresor could have killed the totem and picked the marker for one extra point. 

Lady Justice was a pain in the ass, with her damn leap and her capabilitie to erase medium models from the table. 

Oh, and my opponent killed nearly all my models and didn't need to take a single Terrifying test until turn 5, when Lady J attacked Montresor. 

I was the other player, and was indeed a funny game, lots of killing on my side, but I guess that's what Marshalls do best, specially against Undead. I didn't want to bring any upgrades to not give free cards to my opponent, so I kept the soulstones and I had to use all of them to get decent cards and keep the Judge alive as much as I could. I used them twice for the Leap + attack of LJ.

I would like to point out, that I flipped the Black Jocker twice with "The Risk of Reason" from the Judge, and both times I had the :crow in hand to put some damage :(

Now that I know how Jack Daw works, I would had probably picked Spread them Out instead of Claim Jump.

I was so engaged that I only took 2 screenshots of the game, one when we began and the one at the end:

Sorry, Image disappeared from the server! :'(

Edited by ShinChan
Attached images disappeared
  • Like 1