Starting again question

Clipper423

Trying to get back into Malifaux but have a quick question. Noticing the faction packs are all sold out online pretty much everywhere. Are these going to be restocked? I notice RPG net has the cards as well so I’m confused if the print and play is the way moving forward or if Wyrd plans on restocking the faction packs. My friends and I owned a few factions between us so the card packs are both cheaper and easier to purchase than searching for a bunch of individual cards. Also, what are the faction books? 

Cheers, 

3 hours ago, Clipper423 said:

Trying to get back into Malifaux but have a quick question. Noticing the faction packs are all sold out online pretty much everywhere. Are these going to be restocked? I notice RPG net has the cards as well so I’m confused if the print and play is the way moving forward or if Wyrd plans on restocking the faction packs.

Realistically, you’ve got three options:

• Print out the card PDFs on your own printer.  All of the cards are available for this purpose, including lots of variants for the old models.
  • Pay to have the commercial printing service print the cards and mail them to you.
  • Use the app instead of printed cards

When M3E came out the card boxes sold out, restocked, sold out before most people noticed, possibly repeated a few times, and we’re where we are now.  

3 hours ago, Clipper423 said:

Also, what are the faction books? 

The faction books contain two things:

1.  Three short stories.

2.  Pictures of the cards, and background blurbs for the models.

If you want to know how Dashel got promoted, or what McCabe did on his last day at work, then you may be interested in some of the faction books.  If you just want to know what the models do, you can just look at the app or the PDF files.