Skills and Suits

Purzel

Some characters in the bestiary have abilities with triggers, yet the value and the AV don't have built in suits. How can they use their triggers?

On the other hand, some have built in suits in some of their abilities. Can Fated have built in suits in their skills? Spell casting without a soul spent or cheating fate ist very hard for fated, because all spells require a suit.

I did not find a rule about a fated skill receiving a built in suit. However, on Page 284 of the rulebook, the possibility of 'Brett's' Literacy skill being 2M is mentioned. Did I miss something or even more than one thing?

If I remember correctly, fatemaster characters get to use the suits you flip against them, so they can declare triggers . 

There are certain skills/abilities that add suits to your stats. Most of the magic pursuits contain a way to get the relevant suit. 

• Agree 1

Adran is right. 

"When a Fatemaster character is involved with a duel with a Fated character, the Fatemaster character can use any suits associated with its Acting Value as well as any suits in the Fated's final duel total to declare its Triggers."

Page 286- call out box

Fated characters can gain the Specialized Skill Talent, which allows them to add a suit to a skill.

Page 221

• Thanks 1