Incorporeal Charge

SerZaka

Question

I think I missed a change during the beta. I kinda remember something like "the models that ignore terrain while moving can do it so only during a Walk action" . I remember it because the Diving Charge couldn't be used to jump over the roofs anymore . Can now Incorporeal models and other models with similar rules charge pushing over a building like it wasn't there?

6 answers to this question

Models with incorporeal can ignore terrain during any move, so you can charge through walls, buildings and other impassable terrain.

You can use only walk action to move up and down climbable terrain. That's why models can't charge from the ground to a rooftop.

There was a rule in beta, that allowed models, that ignore terrain, use walk action to get on top of climbable terrain for free - ignoring vertical part of distance. It was removed in release version.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SerZaka said:

Can now Incorporeal models and other models with similar rules charge pushing over a building like it wasn't there?

Yes, as long as the model could be legaly placed at the end of that push (but it'd go through the building, not over it; you don't have to take in count the Ht of the building).

So it can't push over a building, Ignore terrain doesn't mean that , right?

I swear that there were the thing I wrote above and the phrase like "a model that ignore terrain don't take in account vertical distances" or something similar. But now I can't find any of those in the rulebook and I'm a little confused

PS: of course I'm talking about charging a model who is standing above a non-impassable building , so standing a top would be a legal position 

2 hours ago, SerZaka said:

I kinda remember something like "the models that ignore terrain while moving can do it so only during a Walk action"

You're probably thinking of the section in moving that states "When resolving a Walk Action, a model may move Vertically along Climbable Terrain", which it's still unclear if that's an intentional restriction placed on every other simple movement effect that's not a walk action or just an oversight, and would likely be my vote for the #1 most ignored rule in the game.