Chi vs. Cheating

regleant

Question

Played my first game the other day with several new players, oversaw by a Henchman. Some questions came up from this even that I couldn't find answers for in the forums. 

- When spending Chi to add +2 to the duel total, is this before the option to cheat or after? We played it as Before with no option to After.

- If you spend Chi Before the cheat, and the Chi expenditure causes you to win the current duel (e.g. 10 v 11 turns into 12 v 11), does that impact who has the option to cheat, first? We played it as it did not impact who cheats, first.

5 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, katadder said:

Chi is after the flip before cheating. You were right as there is no option to use after cheating.

If chi takes you above your opponent then your opponent has to cheat first.

If chi is used before cheating it is also added to any cards cheated in.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Chi is before cheating (and its use isn't linked to the card used, you may cheat and the +2 remains). But I'd say it doesn't change who cheat first even if the +2 take the monk over its adversary.

(from the the pg10 of the eRulebook): In the step B players only use the stat, card and suit to determine the duel total and that's what is taken in count in step C to determine who cheat first, then any modifier (like Chi) is added in step D (after cheating).

5 hours ago, Ogid said:

Chi is before cheating (and its use isn't linked to the card used, you may cheat and the +2 remains). But I'd say it doesn't change who cheat first even if the +2 take the monk over its adversary.

(from the the pg10 of the eRulebook): In the step B players only use the stat, card and suit to determine the duel total and that's what is taken in count in step C to determine who cheat first, then any modifier (like Chi) is added in step D (after cheating).

Hmmm on reading it again you might be right