Tried out a Grave Golem, was pretty solid!

Maniacal_cackle

I tried out a grave golem on turf war + claim jump, and it was very solid.

I had a grave digger + another model with Grave Spirit's touch, so they could pulse focus every turn if I didn't need the corpse markers.

The grave golem secured the centre so easily that Philip and the Nanny scored two points for claim jump with ease.

Grave golem is a very good zone control tool, and highly recommend to anyone facing a scenario where you just have to control a part of the board. It sucks at chasing enemies and can be ignored, so it really only is good when you can force enemies to come to it (or punish them for not doing so, like scoring claim jump).

Plus I love my new sculpt for it. I'll post some pics once it is painted ;)

• Like 1

Glad to hear you've had success with our lovely pile of dirt. I've given it similar praise for the same reasons. It's easy to overlook it since it lacks a lot of interesting functions compared to the other expensive models, but it's durability is pretty insane if all you want to do is hold the center of the board.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SebastianResser said:

The Grave Golem can also work in a Reckoning strategy. Just because he is tough and

tanky you can deny vp´s for killing him. 

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about taking him!

And the fact that he normally gets played alongside a Grave Digger means the team also has tons of focus to work with. Great for reckoning!